This is Significant

rplarry

Well Known Member
The Washington Post provides some background of the LeBaron family in their article (released moments ago). To me, it seems this was more focused on the family and not some random attack that should raise alarms further than they might already be. Text in bold below is due to me.

"The LeBarons are descendants of Mormons who moved to Mexico in 1924, after disagreeing with the central church over polygamy. For decades, they lived quietly in farming communities, maintaining close ties with the United States and speaking both Spanish and English.
But their relative wealth made them targets of extortion and kidnapping when organized-crime groups began to assert themselves in northern Mexico. In 2009, a prominent member of the clan, Benjamin LeBaron, 31, was shot dead near his community in northern Mexico. He had publicly denounced the drug traffickers, who had earlier abducted his younger brother, demanding a $1 million ransom. (The family refused to pay). The killers left a message saying they were retaliating for LeBaron’s activism."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/at-least-seven-members-of-mormon-family-brutally-killed-in-northern-mexico/2019/11/05/d303e448-ffbb-11e9-9518-1e76abc088b6_story.html

Moral of the story: If you’re an FLDS patriarch caging your family in its own impoverished community in Mexico – as they often do – and happen to also do business with the cartel, don’t betray the cartel.
This is probably closed to the truth from what I have read and heard from folks that I have talked to. Still even more tragic though when wives and kids are targeted.

Not sure even Russ will be able to spin this one.

Very sad and very brutal. Can’t imagine that along with the 42 bodies story, and now this, that there will not be at least a contemplative pause taken for even long time visitors to Sonora / Penasco.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-ci...side-northern-mexican-mormon-community-family

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/mexico-deploys-forces-reports-deadly-ambush-americans-n1076361
thanks for bringing me into something I know nothing about

“We need the Mexican people to say at some point, we’ve had enough,” he said. “We need accountability; we don’t have that on any level.” Heads intentionality in the sand in ever increasing corrupt Rocky Point Government. People are disappearing and schools are threatened and everyone tries to just dig a hole and stick their heads in the sand! Clean the scum up before they enslave the population! Nows the time to ask for help! The Mexican Constution is not a death sentence.

Roberto

Well Known Member
You must be a total ???! You don’t deserve an opinion if you can’t see the facts of the cartel occupation. its Always the the low information (person) that wants to LIMIT free speech and the truth.
Sorry but your rants do not make sense. You are like Chicken Little, shrieking, but offer no constructive insight or workable solutions. there is a huge problem, here in Penasco you can constructively work on. Collect some money to help clean up the sewage that is at your front door and a much bigger threat to the children of Penasco at this moment than the cartel.

Sorry but your rants do not make sense. You are like Chicken Little, shrieking, but offer no constructive insight or workable solutions. there is a huge problem, here in Penasco you can constructively work on. Collect some money to help clean up the sewage that is at your front door and a much bigger threat to the children of Penasco at this moment than the cartel.
Roberto you are part of the problem! You won’t face the facts that we live in a narco state and until the people of Mexico rise up more and more good people will be lost.

Nothing I have posted is a rant only TRUE FACTS THAT YOU DON’T SEEM TO WANT TO ACKNOWLEDGE. Talk to any teacher in RP and see if it’s a rant. Your a looser and an apologist for the Cartels.