This is Significant

RP Life

We will never know the whole story. I have to say the children did not deserve this. Man to man but not infant, toddler, or teenager. In the us we are held accountable and here they are not. It is a sad situation and the arguing won't change anything.

Hobie Vern

Well Known Member
Thanks, Southbeacher. I was not aware of any Mormon communities in Mexico besides this one. David Yetman's PBS show The Desert Speaks included an episode on this community's food production. From the outside it all looked good.

Was anyone besides me surprised to see Mormons drinking whiskey in the Vice video? A couple of Mormon buddies sneaking a dram somewhere is one thing, but this was a community-wide party being videoed. That was enough to tell me their rules must be a little different from mainstream LDS and not just about polygamy.[/QUOTE
As far as the Mormon drinking goes, there's a little joke. Do you know how to get a Mormon from drinking all your beer? Invite another one over!

ben21

Well Known Member
Gotta say I'm a bit disappointed that so many posters are speculating that the parents might be linked to cartels. As if that somehow justifies murdering a bunch of babies. I always thought women and kids were protected in the cartel wars. This is despicable and quite frankly it doesn't matter what the parents were up to. It's a clear escalation in tactics and will be really damaging to Mexico.

I love RP and have been down there probably 75 different times, and this even gives me pause. Especially now that I've got kids. Previously it was more of the mindset that "they're killing each other". Even the bodies in the desert didn't really surprise me. But if these animals are willing to murder and burn the bodies of babies, what's next?

azdiva

Well Known Member
Just imagine sitting on your condo balcony watching the sea of serenity, and in the distance the sound of automatic gunfire, explosions and
seeing the smoke billowing from the area. You no doubt will be scared sh*t. You know that the mexican military will roadblock and prevent anyone from leaving or entering. This is the chance and risk you take and for sure other people are just not gonna risk it. There are people no doubt
who have the means and transportation are leaving now or preparing to vacate any day. No one want to be in the crossfire.

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
Gotta say I'm a bit disappointed that so many posters are speculating that the parents might be linked to cartels. As if that somehow justifies murdering a bunch of babies. I always thought women and kids were protected in the cartel wars. This is despicable and quite frankly it doesn't matter what the parents were up to. It's a clear escalation in tactics and will be really damaging to Mexico.
Huh? Who referred to any justification to murder babies – or anyone – whatsoever, where ever? The discussion was about the reality of evil people, conditions, and cause and effect. Understanding cause and effect helps to better identify those at risk, those not at risk, and those creating the risk.
And no, it is not necessarily an escalation in tactics. Gangs / cartels have been known to execute entire families. . . . Mexico . . . .Chicago . . . Cleveland . . . LA . . . etc., etc. for many years. Very tragic . . . very real.

Last edited:

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Just imagine sitting on your condo balcony watching the sea of serenity, and in the distance the sound of automatic gunfire, explosions and
seeing the smoke billowing from the area. You no doubt will be scared sh*t. You know that the mexican military will roadblock and prevent anyone from leaving or entering. This is the chance and risk you take and for sure other people are just not gonna risk it. There are people no doubt
who have the means and transportation are leaving now or preparing to vacate any day. No one want to be in the crossfire.
That's what many experienced in Dec 2013 when the Bella Serena was assaulted by the Mexican Marines with their helo gunship.
A lot of people have forgotten about that, RP has only recently recovered from that.

Just a reminder there is Cartel activity in RP, more than a few businesses are owned by them.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
That's what many experienced in Dec 2013 when the Bella Serena was assaulted by the Mexican Marines with their helo gunship.
A lot of people have forgotten about that, RP has only recently recovered from that.

Just a reminder there is Cartel activity in RP, more than a few businesses are owned by them.
fyi there is cartel activity anywhere there are people.

Buffalo Marty

Well Known Member
Again this comes back to the same 2 topics I brought up in the "Bodies Found" thread:
Question #1: Is the violence horrific? Answer: YES. The 43 missing students, women & children burned alive, police/politicians/journalists assassinated, mass graves all over the country, etc. These acts are all unimaginably evil and there is no way to get around it.
Question #2: Is the violence random? Answer: NO. 99% of these are targeted acts. That does NOT justify them in any way, but it can help you evaluate the risk involved if you are not involved in the drug trade.
Important note: if it somehow turns out that the Mormon killings were mistaken identity or "random" violence, I readily admit it would be much more difficult to give a clear "no" to Question #2.

Kenny

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
Who feels less safe because of these murders? If you are not, what will you do differently if anything? Who's not going back?

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Again this comes back to the same 2 topics I brought up in the "Bodies Found" thread:
Question #1: Is the violence horrific? Answer: YES. The 43 missing students, women & children burned alive, police/politicians/journalists assassinated, mass graves all over the country, etc. These acts are all unimaginably evil and there is no way to get around it.
Question #2: Is the violence random? Answer: NO. 99% of these are targeted acts. That does NOT justify them in any way, but it can help you evaluate the risk involved if you are not involved in the drug trade.
Important note: if it somehow turns out that the Mormon killings were mistaken identity or "random" violence, I readily admit it would be much more difficult to give a clear "no" to Question #2.
wait wait wait.....give up your sources on who these people in the mass grave were. Students...women....children....? you know more than what is being reported locally

Buffalo Marty

Well Known Member

Kenny

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
How many of us have heard from someone that said they won't go into Mexico because they can't take their gun in? Doesn't that knowledge make you feel safer?

el whappo

Forum Supporter
I'm going back, been going there too long to change. Made many good and close friends. Can trust them at their word except I don't speak any Spanish and they don't speak much English, hand jestures and honesty does it for me. My dad always said if your scared stay home. Kenny I like your posts although I am strong Republican.

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
What is apparent and has been for years is that Mexico and it’s people simply are not equipped to deal with the cartels, plain and simple. I say hire the Mossad, the problem would be 100% eliminated in 9 months, max.

Kenny

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
What is apparent and has been for years is that Mexico and it’s people simply are not equipped to deal with the cartels, plain and simple. I say hire the Mossad, the problem would be 100% eliminated in 9 months, max.
Nice fantasy, but if any group or country tried to invade Mexico, by invitation or no, the fuzzy line between the cartel and citizen will come down and both will become as one, and there would be hell to pay for all.