This is Significant

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
I know it is fantasy, and I never said invade. Mexico is clearly not capable of dealing with the situation itself, has gone through many administrations who have accomplished nothing and needs impartial outside help. So many people are involved from the top of the government to the guy walking on the street that the fuzzy line is huge. My solution would be ugly. An easier solution would be to legalize and regulate all drugs in the U.S. And still go after the cartels for their other illegal activities.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Sadly Nobody really wants to do anything about all the mass shootings and brutal violence happening seemingly everywhere.
The way it was handled in the past and is done currently, is wait out the initial s**t storm of news coverage, pretend to be shocked, promise to do something to end the violence and then stick their heads back in the sand and it's back to business as usual.

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
Not sure poor Mexico will ever be able to overcome the cartels. The drug money flow from America is is just too huge, the Mexicans too impoverished and their judicial system does not practice any form of “rule of law”. The entire country needs to be reset, run by unbiased outsiders and then gradually allowed to run themselves again. I know, there are a lot of countries in this position and part of the U.S. that could use the same. Legalizing all drugs in the U.S., taxing the hell out of the drugs and using the money for education, rehab and border control would be the end of the cartel drug business overnight. The cartels have a lot of other illegal mafia style business activities but their major income is drug money from America.

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
I don’t subscribe to AZ Central and therefore can’t read the article. Were the additional bodies recent deposits, or part of the now-skeletonized remnants of almost a decade ago?

Kenny

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
Not sure poor Mexico will ever be able to overcome the cartels. The drug money flow from America is is just too huge, the Mexicans too impoverished and their judicial system does not practice any form of “rule of law”. The entire country needs to be reset, run by unbiased outsiders and then gradually allowed to run themselves again. I know, there are a lot of countries in this position and part of the U.S. that could use the same. Legalizing all drugs in the U.S., taxing the hell out of the drugs and using the money for education, rehab and border control would be the end of the cartel drug business overnight. The cartels have a lot of other illegal mafia style business activities but their major income is drug money from America.
Seems you are dead set on taking over Mexico's government one way or the other, as this is your second attempt to get that thought put forward in this thread. Hey, who are these "unbiased outsiders" you want to come in, and who in the hell will decide to "gradually allowed (Mexico) to run themselves again?" And of course, your shoot em up idea too. Biggest bunch of Imperlist tripe I've heard in a long time, and you think it's all fine and dandy. Ha, regime change in a bottle.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Seems you are dead set on taking over Mexico's government one way or the other, as this is your second attempt to get that thought put forward in this thread. Hey, who are these "unbiased outsiders" you want to come in, and who in the hell will decide to "gradually allowed (Mexico) to run themselves again?" And of course, your shoot em up idea too. Biggest bunch of Imperlist tripe I've heard in a long time, and you think it's all fine and dandy. Ha, regime change in a bottle.
You forgot making drugs legal but with high taxes so they would be unaffordable and fuel the illegal market !! Really now give it a bit of thought.

Kenny

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
You forgot making drugs legal but with high taxes so they would be unaffordable and fuel the illegal market !! Really now give it a bit of thought.
The feds could pull the plug on what gains we've made and quickly if they wanted too, but that would ruin corporate Americas Marijana plans that are in the making. After all, corporations run the show these days.

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
Well, Kenny. I have not read one syllable of any suggested solution from you. You seem to be great at taking potshots at people with real concerns and possible solutions while suggesting ABSOLUTELY NONE of your own ideas, thought for change or solutions. So let’s hear some constructive ideas instead of only destructive or negative diatribe.

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
The feds could pull the plug on what gains we've made and quickly if they wanted too, but that would ruin corporate Americas Marijana plans that are in the making. After all, corporations run the show these days.
Well, Kenny. I have not read one syllable of any suggested solution from you. You seem to be great at taking potshots at people with real concerns and possible solutions while suggesting ABSOLUTELY NONE of your own ideas, thought for change or solutions. So let’s hear some constructive ideas instead of only destructive or negative diatribe.
The legal marijuana trade seems to be working well in many states but you are correct, there is already a blackmarket to avoid taxes.

That's what many experienced in Dec 2013 when the Bella Serena was assaulted by the Mexican Marines with their helo gunship.
A lot of people have forgotten about that, RP has only recently recovered from that.

Just a reminder there is Cartel activity in RP, more than a few businesses are owned by them.
as is a lot of the local Government! Wake up!

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
I may be naive but I do not think there is a big market for home grown or “black market” cigarettes which are very heavily taxed In the U.S., and other than the celebrated moonshiners down in the South I know of no black market for alcohol. Of course both of hese items are sold on the streets when stolen from retailers and warehouses and to give you an idea I think I read that Circle K loses 30 million a year to cigarette theft. So bad people will always be involved somehow. I’m just thinking of solutions for a country with less than half the population of the U.S. And more than twice the murders. Also, Mexico is the most dangerous country in Latin America for journalists. No Mexican administration has been able to change the status quo. That said, I am sleeping on the beach this weekend. :)