Thrifty Ice Cream

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
is thrifty no more......We went to the Malecon to watch the sunset and people watch tonight. We thought that some ice cream sounded good so we went into Thrifty and got a one scoop cone apiece. She says 4.40 and I say Huh? It is 2:20 a scoop! I haven't bought ice cream out in a while but we thought that was awful high. I remember when a scoop was a nickel! Oh well, the Malecon was fun anyway!

Choco Crunch is the same as Chocolate Malted Crunch here. Always a favorite.
Not sure about the price. That does seem higher that what you would pay here. But it might be imported from the US. ;)
I remember paying .15 cents a scoop when I was a kid. Used to go the Thrifty Drug at McClintock and Southern. (ohhh the memories)

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
That's where I went. I went to school at McClintock......And it was a nickel in the 70's....LOL!

audsley

Does anyone remember Bing's ice cream parlors in Mexico? Back in the 70s I patronized them in places like Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan. Don't know if Rocky Point had them as I wasn't going to Rocky Point back then. But they were outstanding. The superior ice cream experience was just one more reason to go to Mexico.

Luna

Sea Shell Goddess
NOOOO - Thrifty's is gone:eek:!!!
That was a little tradition we had (really just another excuse to go to Old Port ;))
BUMMER:(

mondone

Whitecaps
Yeah, seems like all ice cream shops got rather pricey lately. I paid a small fortune for some prickly pear gelato out at Tortilla Flat a few weeks ago. But I figured that was to be expected at a tourist trap like that.

Yeah, seems like all ice cream shops got rather pricey lately. I paid a small fortune for some prickly pear gelato out at Tortilla Flat a few weeks ago. But I figured that was to be expected at a tourist trap like that.
And the fact that its prickly pear, and Gelato. ;)

Luna

Sea Shell Goddess
OK - Totally misunderstood that, it is clear now.
Gotta have my ice cream cone (or cones) when in PP.

Luna

Sea Shell Goddess
Actually never get it in the US anymore - one of the things I treat myself to in PP.