Thunderbirds Rock and Roll Group

Roberto

Might be a person or two who can add to this but prolly not. Met a gent in Santa Ana and spent some time listening to his stories of playing Rock and Roll in Penasco in the early 60's. He told enough stories and named enough names that I believed him. Edgargo Acuna. He drove me all over Santa Ana. It's a real nice town. He and his wife own and operate a small RV park right on the highway at the pedestrian overpass on the way to Hermosillo.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Might be a person or two who can add to this but prolly not. Met a gent in Santa Ana and spent some time listening to his stories of playing Rock and Roll in Penasco in the early 60's. He told enough stories and named enough names that I believed him. Edgargo Acuna. He drove me all over Santa Ana. It's a real nice town. He and his wife own and operate a small RV park right on the highway at the pedestrian overpass on the way to Hermosillo.
Was that a stop on your way to Kino? One of our kids, joined the Mexican Army and was stationed in Santa Ana...It is a nice town.

Roberto

Was that a stop on your way to Kino? One of our kids, joined the Mexican Army and was stationed in Santa Ana...It is a nice town.
Naw, took the GF to visit some family for a few days. Stayed at his little RV park. I was plesantly surprised how clean it was. Except for her family who were from PP, they threw trash all over !!! Bet the neighbors love that.

sryoder

Cortez Cruiser
He and his wife own and operate a small RV park right on the highway at the pedestrian overpass on the way to Hermosillo.
Is that the Punta Vista RV Park? Heading that way tomorrow and plan to stay either in Santa Ana or maybe go on to Hermosillo, but prefer Santa Ana.

Roberto

Cannot recall the name but it is right on the highway on the way out of Santa Ana toward Hermosillo. Right hand side, just before the big pedestrian overpass. There is a Motel adjacent to the RV park. There is a 4x4 or so sign RV Park. and a narrow entrance between two structures. If the gate is closed, blow your horn as Edgargo and his wife live in the house on the right at the entrance. It's not fancy but they do have full hookups and it is secure and you might enjoy Edgargo, he's a character, speaks good english as does his wife. Tell him Roberto recommended him !! We got along great.

sryoder

Cortez Cruiser
Cannot recall the name but it is right on the highway on the way out of Santa Ana toward Hermosillo. Right hand side, just before the big pedestrian overpass. There is a Motel adjacent to the RV park. There is a 4x4 or so sign RV Park. and a narrow entrance between two structures. If the gate is closed, blow your horn as Edgargo and his wife live in the house on the right at the entrance. It's not fancy but they do have full hookups and it is secure and you might enjoy Edgargo, he's a character, speaks good english as does his wife. Tell him Roberto recommended him !! We got along great.
Thank you, Roberto. That sounds like the place that's described in my Mexican Camping guide. It's also the only place they list for Santa Ana. I believe I'll go there tomorrow and I will definitely tell them that you sent me.