Time to pound sand

dmcauley

The New years is looking good on Buoyweather. Me and a couple of buddies are going to try for some flatties and whatever else on Thursday and Friday. Any body else going out?

Great boat ride. The Josephina is a great boat lots of power and a fine ride. As cold as it was I am now not sure I want a Center Consoul. It would have been nicer with a larger area to get out of the cold wind. I do love the open bough. A great fishing machine.
We went down to the island and fished all over there with only rock bass and a few other misc.. Then back North to the 12 mile and the same there except for one hit on my pole and I had forgotten to set the drag up tight. STUPID ERROR. The reel started screaming and I was trying to set up the drag on my spinning reel and off he went. It had to have been a 40 or 50 lb Grouper. Oh well next time. He will be weighting for me!

dmcauley

Yup, shoulda headed out to the 51 but that would have been even a colder ride. A center console
is a great fishing machine but you need to dress for it.
Bill and Edna were a lot of fun and great people- Too bad about the one that got away, I'm sure it was a real big one. Last year at this time there were yellow tail at the island but no such luck this time.