Timeshare hell...guess whos Numero Uno

jerry

http://www.timesharescam.com/timeshare-scam-mexico/mayan-palace-timeshare-8
"Most of the fraud being committed by the Sales representative of Mayan Palace is that they don’t let their buyers know they have a 5 days cooling period if they wish to cancel, instead they repeatedly tell they buyers once the contract is being sign there is no cancellation. Mayan Palace sales representative also offers a trade-In letting the buyer believe that Mayan Palace is going to take their other timeshare and sell them for them and deducting the cost of their new timeshare with Mayan Palace, but at the end you end up owning two timeshares and payments due for Mayan Palace.

jerry

“Worst ever, stay far away”
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile
Went here for a 60th birthday for my mother in law. We did our time share exchange and that is the kiss of death. No not ever exchange your time share for this place. There are much better options to exchange into in Mexico than this place.

Room

Very basic room. Bathroom is in the level of a motel 6 in the usa. Beds were the worst I've ever slept on. Felt like sheet on a box spring.

We asked for an ocean view and was told the resort was sold out. If this place was sold out then they forgot about the two room on either side of ours. Also people checked out across from us and the never filled that room.

Food
They try but it is at best poor and expensive. The nachos aren't as good as 7-eleven. The Pizza was inedible. They don't understand English very well so don't make a special request.

Beach

Was one of the worst I've stayed at. Stingrays, jelly fish and sand that was very rough. The water was nice and warm.

Resort

Don't expect any entertainment. Drinks were weak and expensive. The exchange rate was 15% worse than the actual rate, your better off paying your bank to convert the rate. The staff at the restaurants were nice, the front desk is full of idiots. They wasted my time 3 times telling me to come back for room upgrades.

I will never stay here or recommend to stay here to anyone. With our fees this cost us $1000 and wasn't worth $10

Stayed June 2015, tr

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g153981-d283699-r286097620-Mayan_Palace_Puerto_Penasco-Puerto_Penasco_Northern_Mexico.html#

jerry

Staying in a very nice condo (Luna Blanca) about 2 miles from the Mayan hotel and have had dinner and drinks there a number of times in the past (average at best, but a nice change of pace). Stopped by late this afternoon to have a drink with my nephew and was informed by the waiters at the bar that we needed to be registered at the front desk (turned out they want you to open a line of credit to have drink at the bar..........)
Spoke to the duty manager and was provided a pamphlet with all the information they want to gather..... Basically a credit check. I offered to pay with my Amex card, but was informed that I would have to fill out the credit application. Needless to say we left thirsty. This appears to be an effort to develop marketing info.. Will no go back and will warn everyone we know. Horrible guest services.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g153981-d283699-r286097620-Mayan_Palace_Puerto_Penasco-Puerto_Penasco_Northern_Mexico.html#

There is a bit of evidence to support Jerry's view and Yes a glass fuller view is needed more of the time.

But the reviews from Trip Adviser show that 60% of the reviews were very Good to Excellent with 40% rating the Mayan Palace as Avg to Terrible.
That shows a lot of inconsistency which is terrible for a showcase resort such as the Mayan Palace. Shame on the property manager.

You have to look at both the good and the bad reviews to make a decision about where to stay and
with 21% giving it a poor or terrible review, that would cause me to look elsewhere for a place to spend my money.

jerry

I once got that same crap at the bar trying to get a beer myself...I feel that is valuable information to people headed south that just thought they would pop in for a drink

MIRAMAR

Kenny, I'm just saying they now require all transactions to be done with credit card, and because they don't want waiters having credit cards for security purposes, they have you give a CC at the front desk. Then you have to check out and close out the card.

I'm not saying the Mayan is perfect, and I would rather have a root canal than go to any Time Share presentation, but you guys seem to be always looking for the worst in Penasco. Should we talk about the changes to Santo Tomas' clubhouse over the past 15 years? Last time I was there it went from a beautiful clubhouse to what looked like squatters living in it.

I also like chiclets better than window washers anyway so I'm glad about that change!

jerry

Kenny, I'm just saying they now require all transactions to be done with credit card, and because they don't want waiters having credit cards for security purposes, they have you give a CC at the front desk. Then you have to check out and close out the card.

I'm not saying the Mayan is perfect, and I would rather have a root canal than go to any Time Share presentation, but you guys seem to be always looking for the worst in Penasco. Should we talk about the changes to Santo Tomas' clubhouse over the past 15 years? Last time I was there it went from a beautiful clubhouse to what looked like squatters living in it.

I also like chiclets better than window washers anyway so I'm glad about that change!
It is getting knocked down thanks to illegal placement in federal zone and global warming effects...a park like area with additional Ramadas will be built.I personally am not going forward with any building until the drug war and the Sonora corruption issues are dealt with.Buy existing properties down south and avoid condos near the home port is my advice... As for having the freedom to buy a 80 peso Tecate without waiting an hour at the front desk to give those grifters have my credit card...I vote no