Tips on Renting Can Am

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
We are considering buying a two seat mid level Can Am side by side next year. For the moment the plan is to rent one for two or three hours. The one’s I see around are more typically 4 seaters, but that is OK. Anyone have experiences good or bad? Any tips on things to watch out for?

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
So rented a Can Am at the location across the street from the Encantame Towers sales office. Not cheap. $220 an hour, $130 a half hour. He let us have it for 45 min for $130. We immediately blasted through the dunes and pits to competition hill and raced up and down it a few times, changing drivers every 10 minutes. Came back into to dunes and rocketed around. Suspension is amazing. This was the R model turbo, 172 HP if I remember correctly. Very fun vehicle to drive. We had the whole place to ourselves. Might be scary in a spring break scenario with 50 other vehicles.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
My girlfriend is the assistant manager and an absolute ass kicker when it comes to service for Nash Powersports Phoenix. They deal exclusively in Can Am. Let me know and I can get you set up with her. She runs the service department but I can set you up and she can be a point of contact if you have any questions...

I'd wait and see how Robby Gordon's Speed UTV holds up. Stupid horsepower stock, 250 I believe and center mount A arms in the front. 24" of travel. Weddle gears. 3 speed sequential transmission. Nash is a dealer. First cars out of production in the next month or so have already been sold pre-order. I told my girlfriend that knowing Robby Gordon these will be the best and completely demolish Can Am and Polaris for market share. The only way I see Robby losing in this is if he can't keep up with demand and then ultimately pisses people off and they go a different route. Nobody likes waiting weeks/months for parts. Being a startup that's what I would worry about but lets face it, this is ROBBY FRICKEN GORDON we're talking about!!!!

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
My girlfriend is the assistant manager and an absolute ass kicker when it comes to service for Nash Powersports Phoenix. They deal exclusively in Can Am. Let me know and I can get you set up with her. She runs the service department but I can set you up and she can be a point of contact if you have any questions...

I'd wait and see how Robby Gordon's Speed UTV holds up. Stupid horsepower stock, 250 I believe and center mount A arms in the front. 24" of travel. Weddle gears. 3 speed sequential transmission. Nash is a dealer. First cars out of production in the next month or so have already been sold pre-order. I told my girlfriend that knowing Robby Gordon these will be the best and completely demolish Can Am and Polaris for market share. The only way I see Robby losing in this is if he can't keep up with demand and then ultimately pisses people off and they go a different route. Nobody likes waiting weeks/months for parts. Being a startup that's what I would worry about but lets face it, this is ROBBY FRICKEN GORDON we're talking about!!!!
Thanks. We’ve got some real estate in California that needs to sell and then we’re going to get something to ply with in the dunes.