Tony Stewart

Kenny

Tony has been down under racing sprint cars, and apparently off his med's again. I've been following it on my sprint car forum, and thought some of you NASCRAP, I mean NASCAR fans might be interested.

There was more action in the pits last night then on the race track at Sydney Speedway,
First there was the Tony Stewart / Brett Morris punch up after Morris was hit in the head with a helmet and has a suspected broken jaw, iam not sure what injuries Stewart has but he didnt get off to lightly, Stewart was arrested and taken to Parramatta police station and detained.
Then there was the Dolansky drama, he was involved in a first lap crash in the feature race, drove into the pits and changed a rear tyre and returned to the track, one of the other drivers involved in the same crash took offence when he was not allowed to change his damaged tyre and had words to Dolansky pit crew and then all hell broke lose in the pits between pit crews with three heavy weights from Dolansky crew beating up the other driver before his crew could step in and help him out, once again the police and track security were called out for the second time.
Now the big question is will Smoke make his Sunday flight departure or be detained to answer charges that have been filed at this stage.???????...http://www.hoseheadforums.com/forum.cfm?ThreadID=50702

Last edited:

Kenny

The latest..
Enigmatic ... NASCAR driver Tony Stewart. Photo: Getty Images
IT WAS a scene that could have been taken straight out of Talladega Nights: an American NASCAR star hits a Sydney track owner with his helmet, and gets a black eye in return. It would be comical, if not for the fact it was serious enough to involve police.
The altercation between Tony Stewart, the twice NASCAR Sprint Series champion who reportedly earned $19 million last year, and Brett Morris, the co-owner of the Sydney Speedway, played out on Saturday night at the Sprintcar Grand National event at Granville.
Stewart was one of 10 Americans competing, but the fact he did not race beyond his heat - he was conspicuously absent in the semi-feature and feature race - might have been a giveaway that something was up. The reason for his absence, it turned out, was a heated exchange with Morris, that turned even uglier when Stewart supposedly whacked the track owner with his helmet.
Advertisement: Story continues below
Morris, not slight in build, allegedly struck back according to witnesses, leaving Stewart nursing a black eye. If that was not demoralising enough, the American found himself questioned by police at Rosehill station, but was released without charge.
'Police from Rosehill central command were alerted to an altercation involving two men at a race car track about 7:30 last night,' NSW police spokeswoman Joanne Elliott said yesterday. 'A 39-year-old man was arrested at the scene after a 46-year-old man was allegedly hit in the face by a racing helmet.
'The 39-year-old man was released without charge, pending further investigation.'
There was speculation late yesterday that Stewart had been upset about track conditions, but neither he nor Morris could be contacted for comment. Stewart was scheduled to leave Australia yesterday and the police spokeswoman said the incident would not stop his departure.
The enigmatic racing icon has not been immune to a scuffle in the past. In 2008 he punched fellow driver Kurt Busch at Daytona International Speedway and he pulled off the headset of an official and shoved another at a racetrack in Indiana.
There is no shortage of YouTube footage of Stewart clashing with other drivers, officials, and castigating speedway managers and sponsors.
In between Stewart, now a team owner and driver, earns a fortune, pocketing $19m last year, including $6.8m in prizemoney according to Forbes.
Stewart's publicist Mike Arning was attempting to play down the fight yesterday. 'We're attempting to gather whatever information we can get our hands on in an effort to separate fact from fiction,' he told the racing website SB Nation.
'However, we can say that Tony Stewart is not being held anywhere and is resting in his hotel in Australia. While we have spoken with him, he's still half a world away, so figuring out what did or didn't happen is going to take some time.'

jerry

Thats pretty funny.i didn't place the name(thought he might have sung"Year of The Cat) but now i remember him!

Kenny

January 16, 2011 at 11:37:40 PM Joined: 09/03/2005 Posts: 53 Reply Reply to:
Posted By: butchknouse37 on January 16 2011 at 08:03:17 PM
Maybe the other guy sucker punched him in the eye and Tony instinctively reacted by hitting him with the helmet.
No it didnt happen that way mate, after some words were exchanged about the condition of the race track Tony let fly with his helmet and the result was a broken eye socket for Brett Morris which he had surgery to fix it on Sunday.
The silly part about the whole deal was that the track realy wasnt that bad, 9 other cars didnt complain.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I will say "the year of the Cangaroo" by the way Styewart got sucker punch, seems like he has some anger management issues!! but he is good at what he does otherwise he will not be doing it!! will see how this ends up for him with Morris having a broken eye socket I will think this is not ended yet!!

I guess he forgot that he was not racing in the states....where the NASCAR bunch loves that type of behavior!!!:stir:

Kenny

Tony like Jeff Gorden, Kasey Kahne, Ryan Newman, Mike Bliss, Kenny Shrader and a lot of the other drivers in NASCRAP came out of USAC, That's Sprint cars, Champ cars, and Midgets. Of course now we have the open wheel Indy car drivers that race with NASCRAP too, and the reason they do is simple $$$, not because it's the best racing, or the most challenging; because it's not! Most of the guy's I mentioned go back and race on dirt, or asphalt short tracks when they can, or are car owners. Heck, Tony even bought one of our premier dirt tracks, Eldora. I've watched them all in the open wheel divisions. A large percentage of the open wheel community have lost respect for NASCRAP because it's more about the $$ and equipment than the driver, and for the most part boring. Tony owns open wheel race teams ( both winged and non wing) that race with both USAC and the outlaws, and that's what he was doing down under, racing a bad ass'd (winged, it's safer) Sprint car (his real love), and acting the fool again.
This is real racing, and a lot more dangerous. The winner of this race (20th of the year) is Tucson own Jerry Coons Jr, who's a better racer than most of those NASCRAP guy's.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZqGbrj87Jk&playnext=1&list=PL620F68523A3ECF4F&index=35
The word from down under is the Tony swung first, and he does have a history.
Check this 1:25 in is #1, and stick around for 4:00 minutes in too, that's 2.. and turn it up!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce2SMtDdVZU

Last edited:

playaperro

El Pirata
No wonder crown royal didn't want to sponsor him. Maybe if he gets off the sauce he will beat the big dogs instead of race track owners...

Kenny

~ ~ ~ :lol: :lol: :lol: ~ ~ ~
That's right Happy, and the non wing cars especially. You will NEVER see those guy's in a non wing sprinter. JJ Yeley went ahead and jumped back in one thinking it was OK, and soon got his back broken.
No wonder you're so happy HAPPY, ignorance is bliss....Now where did I put those gloves..LOL

Last edited:

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Ah, Ha, Ha, Ha,

Kenny;32295....Now where did I put those gloves..LOL[/QUOTE said:
~ ~ ~ UP YOUR ASS !!! ~ ~ ~ :lol: :lol: :lol: ~ ~ ~ Thats Where !!! ~ ~ ~ :lol: :lol: :lol: ~ ~ ~

Kenny

cc.RJ at the classic..jpgCharlie at the Classic..jpgInk asked me what my Avatar was, he couldn't make it out. I think he said he thought it was a dog jumping a fence to go take a poop...or something about a dog anyway.:think:
Well it's a sprint cat heading up toward the fence at a race they had at USA speedway in Tucson on new years day. A few guy's went for some wild rides over the two day event, heres a couple of them.

Last edited:

Terry C

Kenny, reminds me of the old day’s at Manzy with the junk yard dogs in the wrecking yard over in turn 3 when someone went over the fence.

Kenny

Helmet-throwing Stewart lands himself in strife, and a cell

PETER McKAY

January 23, 2011
NASCAR superstar Tony Stewart seems to attract trouble. It does not take a lot of research to learn last weekend's altercation at Parramatta City Raceway with racer and track co-owner Brett Morris is not the first fracas in his career.
But it's almost certainly the first time the 39-year-old multimillionaire race driver found himself riding in a police car (in the front seat) and then cooling his heels in a holding cell. Police held him for questioning after it was alleged that Stewart tossed his race helmet at Morris when the two exchanged angry words over the condition of the clay racing surface.
Morris understandably took umbrage at the unexpected missile attack and quickly retaliated. Eyewitnesses said that both men got in a couple of good shots. "I don't care who Tony Stewart is - if he wants to come to Australia and throw a helmet, he'd better learn to fight," Morris told The Inside Line.
Advertisement: Story continues below
The two-time NASCAR champion - aka "Smoke" - had a couple of hours in custody to reflect on the benefits of controlling his temper.
A contrite Stewart insisted that hitting Morris with his helmet was not intentional.
"I wish I could start this day over again," a clearly emotional Stewart told Garry Rush, another of the speedway's co-promoters and also the owner of the sprintcar the American raced Down Under.
Stewart suffered a cut chin in the punch-up. Morris collected a busted eye socket and swollen face. He looked the worse for wear but only had his fists to throw, and not a two-kilogram helmet.
Police questioned the bewildered American until about 1am but then indicated that Stewart was free to leave Australia as scheduled on Sunday provided no charges had been laid. Stewart's legal fate is in Morris's hands. The Australian was certainly upset about being clouted.
"I don't want to say anything [about the situation relating to the charges being laid]," said Morris, who next week will undergo minor surgery on his face. "I'm sure you understand due process."
An assault conviction could inflict damage to Stewart's career, hurting his appeal to sponsors and impinging on his freedom to travel to some countries.
In the blokey world of speedway racing, differences of opinion are typically settled out the back of the pits, without publicity or fanfare.
But no one of the profile of Stewart has ever been involved in a fracas here before. It quickly became huge news on the other side of the Pacific where Stewart is a household name. Racing and sporting websites were alive with comments from people who seemed to know what happened even though they were 15,000 kilometres away. Not every blogger expressed sympathy for Stewart, who across the US is considered a heck of a race driver but a controversial, polarising character.
Rush sensed Stewart was in a bad mood when he arrived. "He was a bit grumpy and this wasn't helped when he drew the first heat when the track was still quite wet from an afternoon shower," Rush said.
But it is obvious that where there's Smoke there's fire.