Top 10 Real Estate mistakes of the last 10 years

jerry

!0. Hey I think I'll build a trailer/boat storage yard and RV park 10 miles from the beach.
9. What could go wrong if I built a underground parking garage 30 ft. from the beach?
8.Well, I can't really afford to build one beach house/condo so I think I'll build another one to pay for the first one!
7.Why worry about water? we have a 15 year supply at 1998 levels of population.
6.Hey I live in Las Conchas and we have a plan for our own Desalinization plant because we're richer than you,smarter than you and would love to see you peasants run out of water so we can feel even more superior to you.
5. I think I'll build a **** load of billboards all the way to the border so i can get rich on all the new condos.
4. Man the Pinacates would be a great place for a subdivision,why I think I'll give a free bottle of water with each purchase.
3.Who really needs a freight elevator and a agreement on annual fees and completion penalties at my Las Palomas condo,plus the rents won't pee in the pool would they?
2. Hey if I steal the money from the narcoed up guys building the most exclusive owner-only condos in town they wouldn't torture and kill me to get the money back would they?
1. Hey if I knock down all the trailer parks the ex-residents will have to buy a 350k condo from me.

Roberto

You forgot the biggest one Jerry:

"They promised they would get me a Bank Trust later so I saved a whole bunch of money!"

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Listening to and believing: "Don't worry, Mrs. Shirley. I will watch your house and take care of it for you. You can trust me, you are like a mother to me".

Kenny

Listening to and believing: "Don't worry, Mrs. Shirley. I will watch your house and take care of it for you. You can trust me, you are like a mother to me".
From some of the things I've heard and seen, the best way for me to acquire a place in pp is to acquire Mexican citizenship. I'll then find a place that needs someone to live on the property to take care of it, then never leave!:mrgreen:

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
From some of the things I've heard and seen, the best way for me to acquire a place in pp is to acquire Mexican citizenship. I'll then find a place that needs someone to live on the property to take care of it, then never leave!:mrgreen:
Copy Cat. :bunny:
He never lived there though, just supposed to take care of it and rent it out from time to time. When he decided to take over, his lawyer told him to move his family in. We had been there just a month before - house was empty. You can see how long he was planning it.

Kenny

Copy Cat. :bunny:
He never lived there though, just supposed to take care of it and rent it out from time to time. When he decided to take over, his lawyer told him to move his family in. We had been there just a month before - house was empty. You can see how long he was planning it.
I know that, but I've got my own angle on this. Get off my cloud.:puff:

ernesto

Suena como mas carnada. Hablando de carnada, que paso con el fracaso llamada Santo Tomas? La Playa bonita y la inversion mala. Si Peñasco neccesita cinco años para despegar otra vez, Santo Tomas va a neccesitar diez.

Kenny

Suena como mas carnada. Hablando de carnada, que paso con el fracaso llamada Santo Tomas? La Playa bonita y la inversion mala. Si Peñasco neccesita cinco años para despegar otra vez, Santo Tomas va a neccesitar diez.
Every time I visit, there are men still working!

jerry

Ernesto,where is your place?
Sadly Santo Tomas (Las Dunas) laid off about 50 workers (leaving around 30) Unlike RP developers the Santo Tomas guys hired local guys that live in the Ejido and I'm proud to call many of them friends.The mine (Piedmont and the Ag work took some of the sting out of it but it was a bummer.The good news is the developers don't have any debt and can keep it going without much of a problem. If the Sasabee/Saric bridges get built it will be 3.5 hours from tucson which will look pretty good for weekender's.Also, I think the slowdown will keep the place from making some design mistakes that were in the pipeline.
The place down there that is really screwed is Playa Parayso (5 miles South) Nothing has been built and they took deposits from many people for homes (they claimed many 250k lots were sold) I have not seen anyone on the property. The other problem site is Playa Carina in Puerto Lobos. The developer is in a fight with his investors (friends of mine) and they are taking it to him big time in court.

jerry

Hey, would you guys be needing a de salt train, Where do you get your water?
We get our water from a well a mile to the east. It's pretty good water (I drink it and use it for ice but some people use bottled water.Santo Tomas also bought up rights from some of the growers who were put out of business from Nafta related problems) it is one of the good things about Santo Tomas along with being on the caborca power grid (way more dependable than rp) Another great thing is the fishermen come back to shore 3/4 mile down the beach and it's fun to see what they bring in and have first crack at it (real good crab last week!)
you should come down down sometime man!

playaperro

El Pirata
Thanks for the reply Jerry, Sorry about the lion joke!!! So you have water and electric, That is great news you are better off than La cholla. 50 workers is like 3 house at a time.