Torpedo over Playa Encanto

dogdust

Nothing aggressive. A red and white helicopter towing what looked like a white torpedo. Flew over Playa Encanto twice on Saturday. I've never seen it before. Any thoughts?

My Verizon will not work In Penasco no matter what they tell me to try. Anybody have a good carrier that works in RP?

Dennis

D

DonJaime

For seamless Cell phone usage (US-MX) always use AT&T. Seamless thru all of Mexico. Especially useful if stranded on a MX HWY. When you are in MX and want to call a MX# just punch in the 10 digit # and you are connected locally. All the Old Timers who need local phone service use it...it is not cheap . Sign up for the Mexico package if you spend much time in MX and save some $$.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry C

Dennis, Have AT&T change out you sim card that should help. We get 5 bars in Encanto on just their International plan for the added $5.00 plan a month. AT&T has the Viva Mexico plan also, look into it.

Depending on if you just want to make local calls in Penasco...get a Telcel Amigo.....you pick up the prepaid cards just about anywhere (100 peso increments). I bought some throwaway phones back in the states, had them unlocked and bought the Amigo sim (about $18 USD). That's what I use to keep in touch with my daughter when we're down there....or call friends, like Mark!!! It costs me 1 peso per minute locally. Been doing that for about 3 years now.....

B

bahiatrader

I never had to have any changes done to my AT&T cell phone and had good coverage alll over Mexico.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
My AT&T cell phone wouldn't work in Mexico until I bought that 5 dollar a month Mexico thingee.

My AT&T cell phone wouldn't work in Mexico until I bought that 5 dollar a month Mexico thingee.
Did you have International Roaming authorized? That's what let's the phone work down there. The "Mexico thingee" only gives you somewhat better rates to call back to the US.

I had the International Roaming activated on my Verizon phone (no charge ever for activation) and I pay .99 per minute roaming charges. I called Mark and Barb while there and I called back home and received calls from home as well. No problem with the service at all (except that I kept forgetting to dial 001 before calling my voicemail).

I had the International Roaming activated on my Verizon phone (no charge ever for activation) and I pay .99 per minute roaming charges. I called Mark and Barb while there and I called back home and received calls from home as well. No problem with the service at all (except that I kept forgetting to dial 001 before calling my voicemail).
Is the Verizon phone a dual ???/GSM phone, or does Verizon now have an agreement with another mexican phoen company? I used to have Verizon, but changed when they lost their roaming coverage in Mexico several years ago.

I

Indecomm

I know its not a cell but I use my Magic Jack in mexico and it costs me nothing to call back or receive calls to the states. All you need is a computer and a internet connection and it works great.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Maybe one of you guys can show me how to use my phone in Mexico. I can't figure it out. The guy said I have to call some code number first and the rest of it went right over my head........... I'm woefully technologically illiterate! Thank God my friends have Magicjack. I use it when they are there with me!