Tortilla shop

Wondering if the lady that sells home made tortillas just down the street by the water & ice store is still operating? God bless her if she is because she has some of the best around. I don't speak a lot of Spanish, but after I make my way through her yard and I hold up two fingers, she and her daughter know I would like two dozen of them.

I've actually seen them make several dozen, what pain staking and honest work they do.

Anyhow, just curious if they are still selling.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
sounds like the lady located in Sinaloa street at the right hand side as you go north, a couple of blocks passed the RR tracks, you be happy to know she is still there.

dwig222

We buy those tortillas from her and we can't even get home without eating one. That's even after we just had a big breakfast at LaCurva. I buy about six dozen and divide them in groups of 4 and freeze them. They taste just as good after being in the freezer for a couple of months.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Heck, I bring butter with me and eat them while I am paying! I am soooo bad.........:mrgreen:

sounds like the lady located in Sinaloa street at the right hand side as you go north, a couple of blocks passed the RR tracks, you be happy to know she is still there.
That's exactly the place, and if you continue north a little further you have the Water & Ice store on the same side. I'm sure glad to hear she is doing well and cranking out those fine tortillas.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Oh no! Eating them in the yard while they are looking at you is oh so satisfying!! They are still warm!!!!! I've been doing it for over 20 years! Yum Yum!

Last edited:
Oh no! Eating them in the yard while they are looking at you is oh so satisfying!! They are still warm!!!!! I've been doing it for over 20 years! Yum Yum!
I'm glad to see you have personal control and restraint. Me, not so much. If I pulled that stunt, getting tortillas and whipping out the tub of sweet cream butter, not so sure I would leave. Next thing you know I'm setting up camp and churning butter daily...not so good!

cholla

I want to buy tortillas but dont know which is Sinaloa St. !! can you give more specific directions ( to someone who has no sense of direction) please. We are in La Cholla by JJ's.
Cholla's wife

playaperro

El Pirata
I want to buy tortillas but dont know which is Sinaloa St. !! can you give more specific directions ( to someone who has no sense of direction) please. We are in La Cholla by JJ's.
Cholla's wife
If you come off the main drag which is benito you go east on fremont. Fremont is named after Fremont California. You will see the big Las Conchas sign..
You are going to go past the black dog keep going don't stop for the chicken special on weds..the next
stop sign will be Sinaloa..Turn Left and go over the railroad tracks..go about a block and on the east side of the street before the block ends its the second house..the house is set back with some very pretty trees she
only makes them in the morning so when they are gone their gone..Hey if u live in Tucson can you bring me back 5 Doz.. you have to tell her when u are returning so she will have them ready..

If you come off the main drag which is benito you go east on fremont. Fremont is named after Fremont California. You will see the big Las Conchas sign..
You are going to go past the black dog keep going don't stop for the chicken special on weds..the next
stop sign will be Sinaloa..Turn Left and go over the railroad tracks..go about a block and on the east side of the street before the block ends its the second house..the house is set back with some very pretty trees she
only makes them in the morning so when they are gone their gone..Hey if u live in Tucson can you bring me back 5 Doz.. you have to tell her when u are returning so she will have them ready..
Playaperro nailed it as far as my memory serves me. Once you take the left off Fremont and head north, it will be just a few houses past the RR tracks on your right. If you hit the Water & Ice store on your right, you've gone too far. Back up a couple of houses and look for the vehicles stacked up in front of the house. The house sits back off the road a little with some trees in the yard, but you will find it...and then enjoy some great tortillas.