Truck broke down coming back last week

Landshark

Well Known Member
Thankfully in AZ about 35 miles south of Ajo. No cell phone reception, and barely enough room to get off of the highway. I flagged down an officer and he radioed for a tow truck. They said it would be about an hour, and it was just about that. Seemed like a lot longer though as it was really hot. By the time they loaded the truck and got back to Ajo, the NAPA AutoCare Center was closed. They put my truck in the fenced yard behind the store and I called for a ride home. Kids are great! NAPA called early afternoon the following day and said the truck needed a fuel pump. It is a 2004 Dodge Ram diesel, and they had the parts in stock. They replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, and had it finished later that day. Less than 24 hours from when it was towed in. I was very pleased with their service. They didn't damage the truck towing it, were right on with their diagnosis, nothing was missing, and the work was well done and in a timely manner. The bill was also reasonable coming in at a little over $500 including towing. Picked it up Friday morning by hitching a ride with a friend heading down. If you ever need help with your vehicle, call Kord at NAPA AutoCare Center in Ajo at (520) 387-6962 or for 24 hour towing at (520) 387-4869.