Value of the Peso to US$

IggyAZ

Have you been watching the value of the US dollar in relations to the Peso?

Today it reached over 17.5 Pesos to a dollar. I may have to buy some for my future trip to Mexico.

ron6639

Only good days
Have you been watching the value of the US dollar in relations to the Peso?

Today it reached over 17.5 Pesos to a dollar. I may have to buy some for my future trip to Mexico.
Jan 3 2016 at the ATM i got pesos for 17.22. The locals are exchanging at 16 to 16.5 best to go to the ATM and use pesos

mis2810

Use US dólares if you like The convenience of not using Pesos.
Fact is you are paying ~35% surcharge for it.

Rocky point has gotten to the point that if you go more than 2 X yr it pays to go to a bank and open an account so you can have pesos at market rates, Xoom and Remitly are two easy apps that transfer money. Today Remitly was paying 17.36 pesos for your 1 dollar. They charge 1.99 for 3 days, and 3.99 for same day transfers.
Didn't know about Remitly. Xoom paid 17.25 when I sent $ this morning to Mex account.

So you must be happy with Xoom, we have not tried it any negative experience. It would be nice not standing in line to make a deposit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MIRAMAR

If you use a US debit card to get the Xoom money, don't they also charge a fee, and what is the best option?

There have always been poor spellers and/or sloppy typists but "autocorrect" has made all of us look like poor spellers and/or sloppy typists at one time or another.
Yes, especially going in between languages, once I wrote "Hola" to someone and autocorrect changed it to "Hole" before I caught it, I had already sent! So embarrassing. Now when I say hi to people that know the story they say "hole" back LOL

Last edited:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I just love the term "fleeing" to dollars or euros, such a strong USA sentiment,,.....that is a term saved for money people, on the ground, we still spend pesos, if the dollar is strong its because the us is screwing someone and it will come back to haunt. we will still pay with pesos, if you come here you should also plan an the same. The strong dollar is a short lived phenom, dont get used to cheap gas either. it is all manipulated

Last edited:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
18.80 for Buyers of Dollars. That must hurt to those that have to import US goods

It's about your "savings" and Mexicans are very familiar with Government corruption, cronyism, over promising then the destruction of how you hold savings. Mexican government has kept the masses poor by continuous destruction of their savings. Mexicans are front running what will be a rapid increase in prices for locals next year. Inflation

So are you quoting your tours in Mpesos? And then converting for your clients to pay in dollars? Or vice versa, increasing your price for locals?

I quote all my tours in Loonies then convert to euros then back to pesos then to dollars, by the time I am done messing with their minds I make like 250 usd per hour and its all good......

My food doesn't cost more pesos just because the dollar is strong.

The strong dollar is killing USA exports across the board. It is unsustainable and bad for business, drink up the cheap gas and spend the strong dollars while you can because from this SOB point of view it won't last too much longer, it can't

azdiva

With falling crude prices, 20-1 is not too far off, be careful of Mexico Real Estate pricing in Dollars. It would be like pricing American Real Estate in Pesos.
US pricing in US Grocery Stores: 12 pack Modelo or Tecate $7.99/ $ 0.66 12 oz can or btls. Adios $5.00 Cocktails $3.00 Cervesa. Adios!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
With falling crude prices, 20-1 is not too far off, be careful of Mexico Real Estate pricing in Dollars. It would be like pricing American Real Estate in Pesos.
US pricing in US Grocery Stores: 12 pack Modelo or Tecate $7.99/ $ 0.66 12 oz can or btls. Adios $5.00 Cocktails $3.00 Cervesa. Adios!
Oh I dont think it so so dire Peso buys what a peso buys....dollar buys what a dollar buys thats all.

jerry

The dollar has gained on the peso because our economy is improving,gas is cheap($1.70) thank you Obama wind/solar energy plans,frackers,Iran deal,Isis et al.......if nafta had not happened a Mexican revolution would be happening now...

marybna

I fell in Oregon at Thanksgiving and cracked my tailbone. So I haven't been done for a awhile. Has it been busy or just too cold. I looked a my calendar and there have been very few rentals. It has just been too cold. We still have the last of our paperwork to pick up for the residency. It is like we are all at standstill until warmer weather.. One of golf trails go by my GV house. Nothing for the dog to back at.

We still have the last of our paperwork to pick up for the residency.
Marybna - Did you obtain a "INM Temporary Exit/Re-entry Permission Letter" prior to departing Mexico? If you did not obtain this letter and pay the corresponding fee prior to your departure you have invalidated your pending application based on the current immigration law.

BootNHat

People I am working with said if I had to go back and forth, only use passport to exit and nothing (or drivers license) to re-enter. Penasco Services sounds a bit too picky.