Vehicle thefts from homes in RP?

kazpilot25

I was just reading through the closed thread about stuart's and mark's trucks being stolen/attempted to be stolen and was wondering if anyone knows about any thefts or security issues with any of the more "american" areas such as Las Conchas? I always stay at my grandfathers place there and have never had any issues, but was wondering if anyone has, or has heard of anything. I know the security guards at the gated entrance don't look twice at who's coming or going.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I guess I will be the first to post my opinion.

I live in central part of Penasco. I live in an open neighborhood not a secure gated community. I have been here for a long while and I take normal precautions so as not to lose my valuables. I think that no matter where you are you should take these precautions. I lock my car or park in a garage when I go to the States, I lock it here too. Same ole same ole. I have not been broken into and I have never had a car stolen. I also know all of my neighbors in my hood so I guess that is part of it too.

If I was renting a house in Las Conchas which I do from time to time, I certainly would take the same precautions as I would if I rented anywhere else eithere here in Mexico or in the States.

Cars and trucks get stolen everyday somewhere, anywhere. There is a strong market for this type of activity, it is not limited to a certain geographic area. Houses get broken into all the time too, and it too is not limited to a specific geographic area.

So go to Gramps house have a good time but lock the doors and lock the truck.

playaperro

El Pirata
Las Conchas monitors all cars going and coming. They count the cars, They have those huge Camera's So smile when you are coming and going. Its like getting a speeding ticket in the USA don't ride with someone you don't want to be seen with

Playa

Roberto

Well Known Member
kasdahn sez: " any thefts or security issues with any of the more "american" areas such as Las Conchas? wondering if anyone has, or has heard of anything."
At the risk of having it pointed out again that we who live here know and understand much , much less about events in Penasco than some notable experts on everything Penasco, but who are living in the US.

I live here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and have for 4 years. I have friends and some aquaintances who own and or live in Las Conchas as well as other 'american' areas of Penasco. I regularly visit with 10 to 30 people per day here and we love to gossip about events in Penasco. We manage abut 30 houses and I have a good friend in the maintenance and repair business. I personally have not heard about a rash of burgularies in Las Conchas or else where. I have not heard of a single incident in about 2 years. I have also never personally heard of a vehicle being stolen from Las Conchas. A tracker was stolen in the Mirador about 4 years ago. I have had a vehicle parked in the street in the Mirador almost every night and never had one stolen. About 3 years ago someone broke a window in a vehicle during the night. The worst theft I have heard about recently is that someone is stealing the brass outside faucets from homes in Las Conchas.

Oh, yeah, I was out walking on Calle 13 after midnight twice in the past week and I was not shot, shot at, beaten, robbed, or threatened. I was molested though !! I did have a rather frightening talk with a gent about some delusional ideas of world domination by the IMF and financial industry.

Please note that I am not saying that things do not ever happen, just reporting my worthless daily observations. I am sure that I will be corrected by those US residents who know much more than I, their powers of perception and understanding are awesome and they are always correct. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:.

Last edited:

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Las Conchas monitors all cars going and coming. They count the cars, They have those huge Camera's So smile when you are coming and going. Its like getting a speeding ticket in the USA don't ride with someone you don't want to be seen with

Playa
Playa.....PULEEEEEZE! Those rent a cops at the gate????....do you know how many times I have driven into Las Conchas without being stopped or checked?

InkaRoads

cronopiador
as one of the US residents, I must say that Roberto is completely correct!! :eek3:

Last edited:
S

Submarine

Bob that is great news! I guess Mark can just head back down there and pick up his truck huh, along with the other 4 people who had their trucks stolen!

Whew, talk about a load off my mind.

PitiquitoRosy

Well Known Member
My insurance company sees claims come in, so I will tell you that we have had stolen vehicles. Not a lot...very few, in fact. I remember one in particular, but would say we haven't had more than 3 in as many years. Las Conchas has, however, seen an increase in burglaries lately. Actually, all of Penasco has, but because Las Conchas owners have more insurance, I'm more aware of it. One bit of advice: always lock your doors at night, especially if you are beachfront.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Today 10:06 PM
Submarine
Bob that is great news! I guess Mark can just head back down there and pick up his truck huh, along with the other 4 people who had their trucks stolen!

Whew, talk about a load off my mind.
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: Many apologies for my worthless daily observations.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
as one of the US residents, I also stand corrected, I forgot about Mark's truck, you see what you have done Roberto you confuse me!!! but I still think you are almost completely correct!! :eek3:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I've about had it with the "daily observations" crap and the "us vs. them" attitude. The original poster asked a perfectly legitimate question. You want to offer an answer, fine, do so. BUT KEEP THE OTHER CRAP OUT OF EVERY GODDAMN THREAD! I'M SICK OF IT!

Kenny

Well Known Member
Russ's stuff brought back memory's of when I used to sneak peaks at my sisters diary... Both are, and were, very weird, and scream, ME ME ME ME ME, I I I I I.

A

azbeachboy

I've about had it with the "daily observations" crap and the "us vs. them" attitude. The original poster asked a perfectly legitimate question. You want to offer an answer, fine, do so. BUT KEEP THE OTHER CRAP OUT OF EVERY GODDAMN THREAD! I'M SICK OF IT!
It must be PMS!

The only area in RP where I have first hand knowledge is "Costa Diamante" on Sandy Beach between Las Palomas and Casa Blanca. We have about 50 homes completed in a 110 lot housing edition. Starting 2 years ago, we put in our own guard gate, with security our HOA pays for. Over the past couple of years we have had no break ins or any issues with cars (none ever discussed at our HOA meetings or any email communications). We are also fortunate enough to have the president of our HOA as a permenant resident there and a native of mexico. We always practice the same safety we do in the US.

So come rent a house and be a neighbor!

Now if i just jinx'd us by trying to provide info for the forum; i am gonna come steal all your cars next time i am down.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Russ's stuff brought back memory's of when I used to sneak peaks at my sisters diary... Both are, and were, very weird, and scream, ME ME ME ME ME, I I I I I.

Fine Kenny I will not post anymore stuff I hate to bring back those memories

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Just make Kenny the main character of your post, but unlike in South Park, do not kill him everytime you finish the post!! :eek3:

kazpilot25

Thanks for all the responses everyone. I have actually been going to RP since I was about 3, so have plenty of experience down there and am not the least bit afraid of the people or situation at all. I have just read some things more recently and want to have all the facts. I know that whenever you go anywhere, you must use standard safety precautions (ex. lock your doors, etc.). I'm glad to hear that there aren't too many issues in las conchas or any other area. It must just be the hotels that are mainly being targeted. I guess it's just an easier target?