Wash in Sonoyta

playaperro

El Pirata
Can you obtain car permits and tourist visas in Penasco to come back through Caborca, exit out mexico though nogales. Done that many times but use a mexican plated truck.

Its much shorter for the people that have to go down and have fm'3.

Rhino

I came back that way yesterday with AZ registration and plates with no issues at any of the checkpoints. In fact, I was never asked for any documentation on myself or the vehicle until I hit the border in Nogales.

I crossed it on Friday afternoon and again this morning. The water is still running hard and there are now large holes where the pavement is gone. If the water keeps running like it is the entire roadway will be gone shortly. The washes on the road to Caborca are running hard also and the road is covered with water in several places with standing water.

Sure would appreciate updates as they become available, since I'm postponing my trip until the Sonoyta detour stops disintegrating and the road to Caborca is passable.

Roberto

Wednesday, Sept 19 at 2PM. People just arrived coming through Sonoita. They report water UNDER the wash through the culverts but NONE crossing the surface.