Water shortage.

playaperro

El Pirata
It was rare to hear one of the condos was out of water but apparently it was just a repair.
I wonder how much they pay the city to be first in line to receive water.
Be nice if they would put them on a rotating schedule like everyone else.

Two of Sandy Beach resorts ran out of water today. LC is on a daily schedule for water, some havent had in two weeks or more.

Kinda odd since last years recored rainfall. The underground aquifers should be full.... Lake Mead is actually still growing right now FEET PER DAY. Guess we are lucky to have electricity since water is obviously not a resource..

Not to mention the finished De-sal plant that sits idle....

It might take thousands of years to replenish an underground aquifer depending on it's depth and water source. The wells that now tap water 1000 feet or more deep were being filled and maintained by rain and runoff when Sabre Tooth Cats were hunting Mastodon calves and our desert southwest looked like a scrub forest of Junipers, Pinion Pines and Joshua Tree yuccas on a vast grassland with shallow lakes everywhere. The Colorado and Gila Rivers were miles wide during the spring thaw then and were natural barriers to all types of smaller wildlife such as reptiles and small mammals.

playaperro

El Pirata
Two of Sandy Beach resorts ran out of water today. LC is on a daily schedule for water, some havent had in two weeks or more.

Kinda odd since last years recored rainfall. The underground aquifers should be full.... Lake Mead is actually still growing right now FEET PER DAY. Guess we are lucky to have electricity since water is obviously not a resource..

Not to mention the finished De-sal plant that sits idle....

There is no finished desalt plant the building is there but it’s empty, the building is owned by the unfinished condos north of las Conchas boulevard everything north of the Boulevard does not belong to Las Conchas homeowners association, so who knows if they’ll ever finish that project.
That article you posted was written by a former member of rocky talk that is the head chief of sales on Sandy beach. I hope you get the drift.

There is no finished desalt plant the building is there but it’s empty, the building is owned by the unfinished condos north of las Conchas boulevard everything north of the Boulevard does not belong to Las Conchas homeowners association, so who knows if they’ll ever finish that project.
That article you posted was written by a former member of rocky talk that is the head chief of sales on Sandy beach. I hope you get the drift.
Snake oil salesman.

playaperro

El Pirata
It looks like the water trucks are gathering and they are protesting about the water, they want something done fast, turn on more pumps I didn’t catch on to how they want this problem solved.
Just a heads up if you got renters.

richwi

It looks like the water trucks are gathering and they are protesting about the water, they want something done fast, turn on more pumps I didn’t catch on to how they want this problem solved.
Just a heads up if you got renters.
The guy who delivers our water said he is having to wait up to 4 hours to get his truck filled and he blames it on the condos. He said trucks are not usually needed for the condos and the condos are paying the drivers a premium to get water.

Snake oil salesman.
Hmmm, the photo seem to show equipment in the background like the high pressure vessels but I get the drift. Kinda odd we need to pay the HOA for water, oomapas for water, then also spend another $200 a month for a water truck to fill the cistern..

They blame it on various things like the pumps going bad, but last time I checked the gas station pumps are doing fine. Odd how the gas station doesnt have the same issue. I figure a gas pump is a whole lot more technical and expesive than the aquarium pumps they appear to be using at oomapas.

Everyone is getting paid along the way for a shotshow of a time.. Meanwhile the crooked mayor Jorge Pivac who took the Hatchs property in Las Conchas and is being investigated by the AZ Legislature is pretending to be good shepard and patting little school kids on the head during graduation and riding around in his 300k Lamboghini Urus SUV. Most of these kids don't have water in the barrio where they come from. Seems everyone is asleep at the wheel while they stuff there own pockets.

Imagine if instead of spending money on large plastic cisterns, which I just spent over $1000 on, as well as on the bomba and pressure vessel for an additional $600, that money was invested in proper infrastructure. Each person spending approximately $2k, in a first-world country where these items are unnecessary, could contribute to a substantial amount. Considering a population of 60,000 residents, this would total $120 million. With such a significant budget, the city could establish a state-of-the-art water system for the entire town, provided there was no corruption. However, the unfortunate reality is that this is a third-world region in Mexico, where everyone is forced to buy low-quality Chinese Truper products, and of course the city dicking around, resulting in a lack of water. So, what is the solution? Should we spend another $2k on a saltwater maker?

Last edited:

playaperro

El Pirata
The guy who delivers our water said he is having to wait up to 4 hours to get his truck filled and he blames it on the condos. He said trucks are not usually needed for the condos and the condos are paying the drivers a premium to get water.
Wonder how that’s moving forward.

playaperro

El Pirata
Hmmm, the photo seem to show equipment in the background like the high pressure vessels but I get the drift. Kinda odd we need to pay the HOA for water, oomapas for water, then also spend another $200 a month for a water truck to fill the cistern..

They blame it on various things like the pumps going bad, but last time I checked the gas station pumps are doing fine. Odd how the gas station doesnt have the same issue. I figure a gas pump is a whole lot more technical and expesive than the aquarium pumps they appear to be using at oomapas.

Everyone is getting paid along the way for a shotshow of a time.. Meanwhile the crooked mayor Jorge Pivac who took the Hatchs property in Las Conchas and is being investigated by the AZ Legislature is pretending to be good shepard and patting little school kids on the head during graduation and riding around in his 300k Lamboghini Urus SUV. Most of these kids don't have water in the barrio where they come from. Seems everyone is asleep at the wheel while they stuff there own pockets.

Imagine if instead of spending money on large plastic cisterns, which I just spent over $1000 on, as well as on the bomba and pressure vessel for an additional $600, that money was invested in proper infrastructure. Each person spending approximately $2k, in a first-world country where these items are unnecessary, could contribute to a substantial amount. Considering a population of 60,000 residents, this would total $120 million. With such a significant budget, the city could establish a state-of-the-art water system for the entire town, provided there was no corruption. However, the unfortunate reality is that this is a third-world region in Mexico, where everyone is forced to buy low-quality Chinese Truper products, and of course the city dicking around, resulting in a lack of water. So, what is the solution? Should we spend another $2k on a saltwater maker?
You shouldn’t worry about the mayor and his staff.
You should sell those plastic cistern’s that some 15 year old kid will empty with one shower and invest in big cement cistern the bigger the better. you have to pay for the water you need anyway. You will always have stored when needed. No more crying about water then unless you live in the upper section of 2 or the 9s.
Buen Dia.

I remember being in Las Conchas years ago and there was a water time schedule posted in the place we stayed at.
Luckily they had an 1100L tank with a pump to always have water. Back then the City water being on was 5-6 hours per day.
We learned then to conserve water and now we continue that at our place in Cholla.
Our place has 1500 gallons, it seems like a lot, but goes quickly when people come to stay and don't
know water is limited, to what we have and it can be hours before we can get our tanks refilled.
It sure sucks when you are taking a shower and the tanks run dry and you still need to rinse off.

Old55

I remember being in Las Conchas years ago and there was a water time schedule posted in the place we stayed at.
Luckily they had an 1100L tank with a pump to always have water. Back then the City water being on was 5-6 hours per day.
We learned then to conserve water and now we continue that at our place in Cholla.
Our place has 1500 gallons, it seems like a lot, but goes quickly when people come to stay and don't
know water is limited, to what we have and it can be hours before we can get our tanks refilled.
It sure sucks when you are taking a shower and the tanks run dry and you still need to rinse off.
Had a 10,000 at my ranch which worked great until Oolah the donkey learner how to open her gate and turn on hose bibs…you can drain 10000 in 8 hours easy from one hose