wave predictions

Hi everyone,

I'll be down kayak/shore fishing this weekend and want to get an idea of what kind of waves to expect. Any place I can see that online?

Thanks!

Jim

Kenny

It looks like 10-15 mile an hour winds on Friday-5-10 Saturday.. Can't exactly predict the "waves", it's not the Pacific, but it probably WILL be a little rough. Myself, I would consider going out over on the other side by Pelican point instead of by the parks that are in the open. Depending on the direction of the wind, it can be considerably calmer over there, the mountain and bluffs block it if it's a offshore wind from the North.The fishing :fish: is better over there as well, in my opinion.. Good luck and have fun... http://weather.msn.com/local.aspx?wealocations=wc:MXSR0096&q=Puerto+Peñasco,+MEX&setunit=F#details

don

Hey Jim,
Along with Kenny's recommendation, you might want to check out buoyweather as well. The guys here turned me onto that site and will use several sites in conjunction. http://www.buoyweather.com/index2.jsp

Good luck!

PS: If the weather looks decent, I may be down as well. Where are you staying?

B

bahiatrader

I still like to check the wundergound weather and look at satellite pictures too. If the average of everything is better than 50% accurate, you're doing as good as you can get. God just don't tell you what he's going to do always. Maybe it's because I don't go to church. I'd rather be fishin'. That's what the sabbath is for me. If I go to heaven or hell, I hope they let me bring some fishing gear with me.

Kenny

bahiatrader said:
I still like to check the wundergound weather and look at satellite pictures too. If the average of everything is better than 50% accurate, you're doing as good as you can get. God just don't tell you what he's going to do always. Maybe it's because I don't go to church. I'd rather be fishin'. That's what the sabbath is for me. If I go to heaven or hell, I hope they let me bring some fishing gear with me.
He's just going "kayak/shore fishing", I'm not sure a satellite picture is...LOL never mind.. :sunny:

Kenny ;)

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Inka, ~~~ Sorry but you will have to forgive me, I just plain been forgetting to tell you that Mary e-mailed me 2-times last week & wanted me to give her your e-mail, I didn't give it because I wasn't sure it was ok, I just saw your post & I remembered,

HAPPY, ___

Guys,

I'm staying at Playa Bonita.

If the water is rough, I'll probably drive over to cholla bay and launch from the calm side.

If you see a guy in an orange inflatable kayak - that's me! come over and say hi.

Regards,

Jim