Wedding?

Nice forum – I never registered for the other site but read it frequently. Unfortunately we only get down to RP about twice a summer.

Here’s my question – has anyone gotten married on the beach in Rocky Point? I’m not talking about using one of the resorts with their planners – I mean basically doing everything yourself. My daughter would love to get married there in late September. She loved the beach in front of the condos at Las Palmas when she was there last summer and thinks it would be ideal since it’s somewhat private (according to her). So if anyone has done this, what are your tips/secrets/etc?

Kathy

J

Jamie75

There is a company in RP that helps organize weddings. From small to big. Si I Do is the name. I was in a wedding that used them and I plan on using them next year when my husband and I renew our vows on the beach. www.siido.com
There is a lot of little stuff you need to know about getting married in foreign country. Their requirements are different than ours. You will need blood tests done in Mexico....that is just one thing.
Best of luck!

joester

2 salty dawgs
went to one last fall at Las Conchas. this more or less a ceremonial wedding - they actually got married in Phx, but had a ceremony on the beach at sunset - it was great. they had local catering, and a late-night taco cart came and set up about 10pm - what a grand idea.
Hacienda del greco main house, right on the beach.

A

azbeachboy

My wife and I wanted to renew our vows with friends over Easter weekend a few years back. All the wedding planners wanted at least $500.00 U.S. for a simple,basic wedding as in the papre work and judge.

I asked local friend how he did it...

We went to the old court house/police station. We talked to the judge and got the paperwork we needed.

You need a VDRL blood test. It's good for 30 days.

You need four witnesses with visa's.

The two of you need visas.

You need to have you birth certificates translated in to Spanish.

If you a divorced you need that paperwork translated in to Spanish.

After all this you need to have all the paper work notorized in Mexico.

We did it in two weekends. When we hit a bump in the road we went back to the judge for more advice. We had fun working with the system even though we don't speak Spanish. It was a fun adventure and we did renew our vows...At the court house because the judges don't work over Easter.

I think we did the whole thing for under $200.00 U.S. And had fun!

C

cactusamigo

I agree that it is best to have the legal marriage performed in the U.S., followed up with a ceremony performed in Mexico. It is a very complicated process for a foreignor to have an official marriage performed in Mexico. Even for Mexicans, a civil ceremony is required in addition to a religious ceremony. In any case, a marriage isn't official until it is recorded with the Registro Publico. This also applies to Mexicans who marry in the U.S. and want their marriage recognized in Mexico.

J

Jamie75

You both are so right. My friends who got married down there a year and a half ago didn't want to deal with the red tape of actually getting officially married in Mexico. So they did the justice of the peace thing here in AZ to make it official and did the ceremony and reception down in Mexico. And the guests DON'T have to know the beach ceremony doesn't count, they wouldn't be able to tell. Keep that little piece of info to yourself! ;)

joester

2 salty dawgs
jamie - roberto -
the wedding we went to was exactly that - legally married in Az, but it looked so official with the ceremony on the beach, I don't think anyone would have known any different, and in fact, some folks didn't know until after it was over, that it wasn't the "real" ceremony.
they had a nice touch - shot glasses with their names and date on it - and a couple dancing under a palm tree all painted on them. instead of a champagne toast - it was Patron shots for everyone. a classy way to do the toast, and site appropriate.