We're home!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Good trip but was too busy and lazy to go to the beach. This coming up weekend I promised Jerry we would go. Get ready Julie!

So we hauled a bunch of my old furniture back down and did not have to pay any tax on it, after I told her the history. She said the rest of my old wooden patio furniture would be fine. She was very nice and we were stopped less than 5 minutes. Got unloaded and went to Boobar for Barb and Rob's birthday. Problem was no Rob. He was MIA and still is......Then we had Sonoran Papas and Charro beans for dinner. Jerry was happy. Sunday we cleaned up 3 months worth of sand off my patio floor and tables. Sunday night I believe we had 17 over for the potluck. We had a great time and missed Badfish and his family. We were hoping to meet them too. We met Gail and Jeff from Choya and hope to see them again. I am bringing Jerry to Choya on Sunday because he has never been to J.J's and we can't have that, now can we? LOL!

Monday we had girls lunch out for Barb's birthday at Mr. Amigo's. The mushroom filet is still yummy.

Today was lazy day and taking 6 hours to get home because we had a 17 foot awning hanging out of the 8 foot trailer that we brought home for a friend and it acted like a rudder and threw us all around the road. Could only drive 50 MPH and that was with both hands on the wheel... Thank God Jerry drove...... It was funny, both the border patrol stops and the Border stop itself, they were more curious about the trailer and the awning than what we had inside the Jeep......

The only bad thing is we have a water leak somewhere and the bathroom step is wet.....Jerry couldn't find it so we have some work to do this weekend.

All in all a great trip with great friends! Can't wait to get back down on Friday!

Oh, I forgot to tell you all that the Malecon was hoppin' both times I went there. The restaurants and businesses were doing good business. The traffic is 2 way on the one way street down past Delfin Amigable and it was OK. I went to Abarrotes Penasco and went up on the highest street to get back to the main street and almost needed my 4 wheel drive. Stay on the main road and you will be fine. Now, the Mirador was dead......PDO was pretty full on the beach side but no one was at Pinky's or Manny's.... It was good to see the Malecon so busy, almost like years past but the Mirador is still dead........

Last edited: