We're home!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Hi gang!
Wow, what a crazy 6 days! Some bad, some good and some great! First off, I now have scalding hot water! Thanks to Lagrimas and Luciano, no more bucket baths for me! Friday, Jerry was trying to fix a leak where my in water hose is on the spigot. He decided we needed a new y joint and hose. So, off to Ace we go. Never again.......We got the items, came back home and Jerry started to work. After he got a better look at the situation, he decided we didn't need a new hose and just replaced the y joint. He was tightening the last spot when the T broke. My neighbor's patio and Jerry got an ice cold 15 foot geyser shooting up out of the ground. I ran for maintenence shouting apaga el agua and he insisted to come look. I was shouting 5 metros de agua en el aire( my Spanish is bad under stress) and he finally turned around and ran for the switch. I get back to the trailer to fnd Jerry laying on top of the garbage can lid on top of the geyser to avoid soaking my neighbors space even further. Then, Dave comes out and says where's the water, Kathy's in the shower. Argh... She had to go out with creme rinse and soap all over her. When that was done we went back to Ace to get our money back but they had closed early and told us they wouldn't be open until Monday due to inventory. Good thing we were staying as they have a 3 day return policy. So that's it for Friday. Saturday, I won tickets to Penasco Palooza on Rocky Point Ramblings. The mission was to go to the Farmer's market and find Rosie's friend, Winnie Pooh, and take a picture of us together and bring it to the radio station. I was running all around the market asking people if they were Winnie Pooh, LOL. Can you imagine, a 6 foot tall, fluffy redhead asking for Winnie Pooh! LOL!I got crazy looks and laughed at. But, I won! Jerry was hiding in the back... LOL! Sat. night we had prime rib with all of us who were there at my neighbor Char's house. Yum Yum! Sunday was the trip to Puerto Lobos where I scratched myself on rusty nails. The gang sprang into action with water to flush and Neosporin and a bandage. It is almost healed today. Great trip! Monday I gave my old staircase to my now dried neighbors and it fit their needs perfectly. They then asked me if I minded if they built a 6 foot wooden fence between our spaces. I said, not at all and Jerry and I ran inside saying SCORE, cause we had planned to do that all along! We then went back to Ace to get our money back and he hemmed and hawed and finally said go get what you need in exchange and I said we don't need anything and he inspected the hose. It still had those spiny rope thingees on it. I said we didn't even unwrap it. He got up and went to an office and talked to a guy in there for 5 minutes, came back out, looked the hose over, talked to another guy and ignored us. Finally the cashier said, give me the ticket so these guys can leave. He gave her the stinkeye and finally handed it over.... We had Boo Bar sliders, Ramon's fish and chips and a Sonoran Potato. Jerry 'bout broke his elbow on the tailgate today and we missed meeting Tequila Todd and GV Jack. No problems coming home. Great time overall and Penasco Palooza, here we come!

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
I hit the border at about 2pm on Tues.....one lane open...NO ONE on line!!!! Was thru in about a minute....only because I started chatting with the customs guy!!!

BTW....I ordered a passport card using the online "trial"....took about a week for me to get it...it was waiting in the mail when I got home!!!

I missed the prime rib dinner at Char's...:cry: ....I was at the Carnaval parade and then Tom's (FB friend) BD party at the Boo Bar.....and didn't see the invite on my door until I got home...you know guys...I do have a mexican cell phone...and you do have my number!!!

What a weekend....with everything going on, including the Lobos trip, and climbing the lighthouse stairs....I'm wiped out and have to take another day off from work to recover!!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Yeah, this recovery thing is wierd. When did I get old? I used to get home at midnight and get up at 6 to go to work, no problem. As Charlton Heston used to say, "gettin' old ain't for sissies!"