What happened to red light green light going in?

bringitbig

Well Known Member
Went down this past Friday the 16th, no red light green light going in, it’s gone, no light. And they’re taking pictures of vehicles going in. They were checking every....single....vehicle. This is gonna cause massive delays.

On a side note, I’ve never seen so many RV’s/Motorhomes going down in my 30 years of such. There were plates from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Nebraska, Ohio, Tennessee, Michigan, British Columbia, Ontario, Illinois, and whatever else I’m forgetting. And yes, the normal plenty of Texas, California and New Mexico.

What I did notice in many of the windshields of the RV’s was papers taped saying Rocky Point Adventures or of the like. Coming out there was like 20 plus RV’s parked or coming out of the Lukeville gas station. They too had papers taped to their windshields saying something like “private group”. Is this a new thing for snowbirds, instead of going to Arizona they’re going south?

audsley

Well Known Member
We went through Friday about 10 a.m. No real delay at the border. A few cars were ahead of us partly because U of A students were off for Presidents' Birthday. Not sure if this was an all day trend or we just happened to get behind a bunch of them. On the Mexican side we were asked where we were going (Puerto Lobos), what were we planning to do (fishing) and please roll down the back window. Then we were waved through. All other cars were stopped but being waved through pretty quickly.

Now here's something peculiar. We went in to the Mexican border station to get new six-month visas and, after we said the purpose of our visit was fishing, we were instructed to check the box for "business" as opposed to tourism. We explained that we weren't fishing commercially and weren't making any money off this activity, but the official insisted our purpose was "business." Never had this happen before. Are they trying to pump up the amount of cross-border business travel in their statistics?

Coming back into the US around 10 a.m. this morning there was hardly any line, and we were surprised to see all five lanes open.

marybna

Well Known Member
We have snowbird rentals in Green Valley and I am full with returning clients. I did not review any of my ads but I still am getting calls. I also understand that Yuma is full too.

Ass for the business visa I have a similar story. I paid of my condo and am going done to get my new trust(alot of money) and I was told I had to stop at the border and get a business visa.

Buffalo Marty

Well Known Member
We crossed Saturday morning around 11am and also no traffic light or customs agents. Only people there were the military guys but they were just kind of standing around. We were confused but were glad to fly threw without any delays or inspections...

Hobie Vern

Well Known Member
We came through Thursday about 11:30 am, lights where working, don't know if they where in sync with the " stops & go's" of the traffic? "Got the green light" eased on through beautiful Sonoyta no problems. Policia did have someone pulled over, made a u-turn, to nab them. I'm not sure if they were gringos or not?? Out the other side and enjoying the chill time.

VegasDude

Reference the rv's. We've been hitting Rocky Point for about 13 years now. Stay over at the Reef Rv Park for a month or so each time. In the past, just a few of us from the U.S. and a lot of Canadians leaving the cold weather. The Reef Rv park was in danger of closing for lack of business. Well thats gone. Something made the U.S. folks less afraid to come to Mexico cause we're at the Reef Rv park right now and the place is nearly full. Presidents Day Weekend has become a biggy and so has the offroad racing folks who are here right now. The group you saw with the placards in the windows is here at the Reef. Its a private group that got together and caravanned here. A lot of first timers that were previously too afraid to come to Mexico are now coming. Most of the rv'er are retired folks who have come for the good weather and dental work. Prices have nearly doubled to stay at the Reef so its no bargain but apparently people are paying.

Opinions vary so this is my own for no particular reason. I think folks figure the world is a dangerous place including the U.S. with Mexico being just as safe or dangerous as any place else. Anyway, I think the fear is gone and a lot are either coming back to Mexico or visiting for the first time.

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
Reference the rv's. . . . . Something made the U.S. folks less afraid to come to Mexico cause we're at the Reef Rv park right now and the place is nearly full. . . . .
Opinions vary so this is my own for no particular reason. I think folks figure the world is a dangerous place including the U.S. with Mexico being just as safe or dangerous as any place else. Anyway, I think the fear is gone and a lot are either coming back to Mexico or visiting for the first time.
That’s because for the first time in 8 years DOS has not issued a Pre-Spring-Break, bogus Visit-Rocky-Point-And-You're-Sure-To-Die alert.