What is the current Border Tax or Tarriff for importing building materials to Mexico?

I plan on having some major improvements done to my casa in Playa Miramar. I have looked and cannot seem to find any definative answer to this question. Is there a flat % that they charge if I have an invoice or receipt for the items I need to bring into Mexico? How much is the per person excemption? (I've seen $75 each) If I arrive after business hours, do I have to pay in Pesos? Would it help to have my local contractor meet me at the border to assist?

Roberto

If I were you I would simply drive up to Sonoyta and inquire at the office there. I know there is a certain amount, over which in one crossing, you have to hire one of the brokers there. I'd make a list of the kinds of stuff you intend to bring in as tax may vary by item category.

If you are buying in the US, Why not buy some of the materials in Penasco, Some construction materials are close to the prices in US, some are much more,
and some are much less.
I bought a 30 gal electric water heater at Mueblas Coloniales for $164, it was close to $300 at Home Depot. B
Buying a 2 ton A/C next week for $618 same place. vs $1100 in states.
I was shopping for tile at Expo Tile on main drag, saw the same bath vanity there for $10 more taxes included.
You will have to price things out to see what makes sense to you, You will support the RP economy and have much less hassle.
Or you could hope for the green light, LOL.

I hear ya about buying local, Brokenwave. I have purchased appliances and AC units from Mueblas Coloniales and gotton great deals and good support. This project primarily involves replacing windows. I researched and decided to go with Milgard vinyl windows. I tried to find them local but the closest dealer I could find was in Hermasillo. I did get a quote from him and it was about $2K over my Arizona quote. For that difference, I decided i could drive them down, pay the tax and get in some fishing. Darn the bad luck!

I don't know about using vinyl windows, my neighbor behind me has them and most have moisture in-between the 2 panels only been in for 5 years
and they are 110 yards from beach. My aluminum dual-pane from same Mfg. are 10 years old and no problems yet. I am alot closer.
Anyone else using vinyl windows?

Lowery's windows has installed many windows in homes inPenasco, and at the condos. He seems to do nice work. His # is 928-468-0591.
He is down in Cholla 2 weeks per month usually.

mondone

Whitecaps
I've got vinyl windows and they are holding up well. I would never use them in Phoenix though. Aluminum clad over wood, yes.