What's up at the border?

Terry C

Well Known Member
LUKEVILLE, Ariz.- The News 4 Tucson Investigators are in Mexico awaiting further information about a cross-border operation involving U.S. and Mexico law-enforcement.

At 7 a.m., Mexican Federal Police Blackhawk helicopters launched from Arizona into the border city of Sonoyta, Sonora across from Lukeville.

About 50 agents from Customs and Border Protection, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and the Department of Public Safety are gathered at a staging area in Lukeville.

Agents are patrolling the rooftop of the port of entry and others are standing guard along the border. One Mexican Blackhawk returned to the United States.

We are awaiting word from Washington, D.C. and Mexico City about this operation.

jerry

Well Known Member
Many dead...trying to take out the Memos...
Social media telling everyone to stay inside....of course our boosters say nothing

jerry

Well Known Member
With a heavy deployment of armored vehicles and five helicopters flying over, plus some shots from a firearm, an operating surprise by the Federation this morning in the town of Sonoyta, which caught the attention of residents and local authorities was held. The Authorities said the device surprise of the Federal Police was ordered directly from Mexico City, as there is no any coordination with authorities of this town as the army, PGR and Municipality. Nobody knew about this operation. Until 11:45 hours today no direct confrontation between federal agents and members of organized crime were reported. The federal operating entered the northern part of town, federal rural revised up to the city, which currently perform surveillance and search of targets, according to local authorities, and heard some detonations of firearms, but no reports of clashes.

The whole town is run by the Cartel....this is great news...next stop Puerto Penasco?

BeachyKeen

Well Known Member
With a heavy deployment of armored vehicles and five helicopters flying over, plus some shots from a firearm, an operating surprise by the Federation this morning in the town of Sonoyta, which caught the attention of residents and local authorities was held. The Authorities said the device surprise of the Federal Police was ordered directly from Mexico City, as there is no any coordination with authorities of this town as the army, PGR and Municipality. Nobody knew about this operation. Until 11:45 hours today no direct confrontation between federal agents and members of organized crime were reported. The federal operating entered the northern part of town, federal rural revised up to the city, which currently perform surveillance and search of targets, according to local authorities, and heard some detonations of firearms, but no reports of clashes.

The whole town is run by the Cartel....this is great news...next stop Puerto Penasco?
I wonder how long it took for all the agencies involved to plan this. I am very interested in how this finally came to be. Hopefully it was planned and executed well and makes a difference. The innocent citizens deserve their city. Hoping & praying good comes from this!!!

jerry

Well Known Member
I wonder how long it took for all the agencies involved to plan this. I am very interested in how this finally came to be. Hopefully it was planned and executed well and makes a difference. The innocent citizens deserve their city. Hoping & praying good comes from this!!!
Amazed they still let Americans cross...this thing could have turned out another way....helicopters firing machine guns into dwellings....
In what is considered an operation by federal police and army against criminal groups engaged in transfer of drug in Sonoyta, there was a raid in the ejido Sonoran Desert presumably directed towards Guillermo Mists "The Memo" leader of the Sinaloa cartel in this border.

Rumors say that the ranch was burned William Mists "The Memo".

Two helicopters of the federal police opened fired on houses located in the ejido and towards the international line.

Both units made overflights of the city and there is a climate of fear among the population.

Border customs Sonoyta is closed and do not answer their phones

In the operating ensure that also involved DEA agents United States in coordination with the Mexican authorities. They have even seen journalists Arizona Luckeville area adjacent to Sonoyta.

Notice was given to the people not to leave their homes and stay protected but have something important to do in the street

There is concern among the community for not knowing for sure the operation that takes place ...

Around 6:30 in the morning began overflights of helicopters and remained even after 10 o'clock.

In operating a convoy with 15 units of the federal police he came to Sonoyta to support the rest of the elements found in this area.

Sonoyta disputed area for drug trasigo

The fight for control of smuggling routes for drugs and undocumented immigrants among drug cartels has been between local groups of "The Salazares" and "memos".

The group of "memos" is commanded by Adelmo Fog Fog Guillermo Gonzalez and Nava, one of the main operators and people trusted Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman Loera, as they say.

Fog Gonzalez, "The Lord," "The Viejón" or "G-3", was captured in September 2012 and considered at the time one of the main operators in the Pacific Cartel for the smuggling of drugs into the United States. On May 27 2014 he escaped from a prison in Culiacan.

Meanwhile, "The Salazares", which were led by Adam Salazar Zamorano, alias "Don Adam", arrested on February 15, 2011, is now run by his sons Jesus Alfredo and Adam Salazar Ramirez, who from that date made by the cartel's operations in the state of Sinaloa and Sonora slogan dominate the northwest.

Last May, these bloody battles recorded in Sonoyta, especially in the ejido Sonoran Desert, forced more than 200 thousand people to flee their homes, only the clothing they were wearing.

THE EARL

No worries about danger during the daylight hours....not like they were crossing after dark.
MY TWISTED VIEW, THE CARTEL'S APE PRIMARILY KIDS FROM 14 PROBABLY YOUNGER TO 20 MAYBE OLDER. THEY HAVE NO WHERE TO GO, THEY HAVE NO TRAINING AT ANY THING, WE HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO WORK OUR WAY UP, SO TO SPEAK. OUR PARENTS TELL US THAT WHEN YOU ARE 17 YOU CAN GO IN THE MILITARY SEE THE WORLD AND GET A CHECK, SO WE HAVE A PLAN "B" SOME CHOOSE IT SOME NOT. HOWEVER WE HAVE A CHOICE. YOU JOIN THE MILITARY, THEY TRAIN YOU, THEY PAY YOU AND YOU GO KILL PEOPLE THEY TELL YOU TO. BIGGEST CARTEL IN THE WORLD, HOWEVER IF YOU DO THIS YOUR A HERO WITH BENEFITS. I AM ONE.

Kenny

Well Known Member
MY TWISTED VIEW, THE CARTEL'S APE PRIMARILY KIDS FROM 14 PROBABLY YOUNGER TO 20 MAYBE OLDER. THEY HAVE NO WHERE TO GO, THEY HAVE NO TRAINING AT ANY THING, WE HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO WORK OUR WAY UP, SO TO SPEAK. OUR PARENTS TELL US THAT WHEN YOU ARE 17 YOU CAN GO IN THE MILITARY SEE THE WORLD AND GET A CHECK, SO WE HAVE A PLAN "B" SOME CHOOSE IT SOME NOT. HOWEVER WE HAVE A CHOICE. YOU JOIN THE MILITARY, THEY TRAIN YOU, THEY PAY YOU AND YOU GO KILL PEOPLE THEY TELL YOU TO. BIGGEST CARTEL IN THE WORLD, HOWEVER IF YOU DO THIS YOUR A HERO WITH BENEFITS. I AM ONE.
It wasn't that long ago that here in the states when you were called via conscription to go kill and you didn't, they hunted you down like a dog till you either complied or went to jail. Oh there were way's to get out of it, just ask Cheney and that bunch.
I see your point Earl, but it's always been that way.

Last edited:

jerry

Well Known Member
Earl the military infiltrations by all three groups trying to control the Puerto Penasco corridor are pretty shocking..Although the main leaders -Adam Salazar Salazar Zamorano and Jesus Alfredo Salazar Ramirez prisoners are in maximum security prisons at any time could announce his extradition to the United States, his family has not given up its claims to expand into Puerto Penasco, key to landing large caches of drugs point.

Ewood123

I wonder where the black hawks took off from. Did they overnight in lukeville somewhere or just come in from hermosillo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THE EARL

Earl the military infiltrations by all three groups trying to control the Puerto Penasco corridor are pretty shocking..Although the main leaders -Adam Salazar Salazar Zamorano and Jesus Alfredo Salazar Ramirez prisoners are in maximum security prisons at any time could announce his extradition to the United States, his family has not given up its claims to expand into Puerto Penasco, key to landing large caches of drugs point.
JERRY MY COMMENT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHO IS CONTROLLING ANYTHING, IT HAS MORE TO DO WITH THEIR POWER BASE. POINT BEING, GIVEN THE CIRCUMSTANCES RECRUITS ARE EASILY AVAILABLE.

Landshark

Well Known Member
I agree with your thoughts about the lack of oppertunity for the Mexican youth and from their perspective working for criminal groups being their only option. It's a sad situation and one that's perfect for the bad guys to prey on. On the other hand I can't agree with your comparison of the cartel and the US military. While the agenda of the US military is sometimes not as clear as it was years ago they certainly shouldn't be compared to the cartels. Additionally, US military personal are not similar to the narcos/sicarios in any way. Just my opinion and maybe I read too much into your thoughts...

THE EARL

I agree with your thoughts about the lack of oppertunity for the Mexican youth and from their perspective working for criminal groups being their only option. It's a sad situation and one that's perfect for the bad guys to prey on. On the other hand I can't agree with your comparison of the cartel and the US military. While the agenda of the US military is sometimes not as clear as it was years ago they certainly shouldn't be compared to the cartels. Additionally, US military personal are not similar to the narcos/sicarios in any way. Just my opinion and maybe I read too much into your thoughts...
YOU'RE CORRECT, THE COMPARISON IS'NT EQUAL HOWEVER THERE IS A PLAN B.

BeachyKeen

Well Known Member
Sad that either way it's greed, the greed of corrupt governments keeps regular or good military opportunities from these young men & women (mostly young men in cartels but the women who get sucked into prostitution, being mules, etc.) and the greed of the cartels presents them with a horrible "opportunity" that they take advantage of. The people buying the drugs don't intend to keep this cycle going but do. People need real opportunities either way. There will always be drugs and crime but the more opportunities the less of it there will be

jerry

Well Known Member
Sad that either way it's greed, the greed of corrupt governments keeps regular or good military opportunities from these young men & women (mostly young men in cartels but the women who get sucked into prostitution, being mules, etc.) and the greed of the cartels presents them with a horrible "opportunity" that they take advantage of. The people buying the drugs don't intend to keep this cycle going but do. People need real opportunities either way. There will always be drugs and crime but the more opportunities the less of it there will be
Mexico has a movement to raise the minimum wage gearing up...5 dollars an hour would be a good starting point.