What's with the southbound interrogation?

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
Got to the southbound border around 11:15 am. There was a backup . . . short line but long wait. No US patrol at the southbound gate, so it wasn’t them. No delay at the Mexico “red light / green light,” so shrugged and proceeded. Then, approaching the “tourist / visa” office building, the car ahead was pulled over by armed Federalies, thus delaying our progress. After a few minutes, they moved, and we were flagged over. Lots of questions, like who / where from / where going / how long / working or retired /occupation. And then the real kickers:

Do you have guns in the car?
Do you have GUNS AT HOME?
Do you LIKE GUNS?

Anyone know what that’s all about? (I wonder what a "yes" to the last two questions would've caused . . . )

jerry

Well Known Member
Got to the southbound border around 11:15 am. There was a backup . . . short line but long wait. No US patrol at the southbound gate, so it wasn’t them. No delay at the Mexico “red light / green light,” so shrugged and proceeded. Then, approaching the “tourist / visa” office building, the car ahead was pulled over by armed Federalies, thus delaying our progress. After a few minutes, they moved, and we were flagged over. Lots of questions, like who / where from / where going / how long / working or retired /occupation. And then the real kickers:

Do you have guns in the car?
Do you have GUNS AT HOME?
Do you LIKE GUNS?

Anyone know what that’s all about? (I wonder what a "yes" to the last two questions would've caused . . . )
Donald DUMBASS Trump

JimMcG

Well Known Member
You would have been smart to have answered NO to all of the above. Historically, the level of border harassment increases when the Mexican Nation feels that it has been insulted by someone of relatively high status in the U.S.

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
You would have been smart to have answered NO to all of the above. Historically, the level of border harassment increases when the Mexican Nation feels that it has been insulted by someone of relatively high status in the U.S.
That may be why I am here to talk about it. :)

PintoPoint

Well Known Member
I though that announced before trump started to make a run at the presidency. There was a thread here about it.

Roberto

Well Known Member
I have it on good authority that the dates of the recent visit of the GV Desperado got confused and the increase inspection was directly related to the Desperadoes visit, they just got the dates wrong.

JimMcG

Well Known Member
My wife and I were stopped at an impromptu federale checkpoint marked only by a traffic cone, just outside of Penasco, on the Caborca Rd last month. His questions ran the gamut from guns, money, origination city, days in Mexico and also all the usual customs and immigration inquiries, although he was only a policeman. He was obviously fishing for an opening but didn't get one. It was the first time ever encounter for us, at that location.

Hobie Vern

Well Known Member
Came through yesterday about 4:30 pm, got the red light. They looked in the back of the truck and sent us on our way, even had two dogs, didn't even ask for paperwork. Did the crawl through Sonoyta and away we went.