Wheelchair Basketball Team for Penasco

A friend I had met while we were taking donations to the DIF Therapy Center has a desire to start a wheelchair basketball team here in Puerto Penasco and he asked if I could help him...

I want him to succeed and be able to fulfill his desire of getting that team together so they can play in competition throughout different cities of Mexico... So now I am asking all of you my friends for HELP...

Anything will be helpfull from information to donations for the special wheelchairs needed for Jesus and his teammates to compete in this sport...

We are also looking for business' or organizations that would like to sponsor the team...

I am looking for any and all the help I can get on this one, we are starting with only an athlete and his desire to start a team...

below is my amigo Jesus Vazquez Sanchez setting up for a shot...

They are different from a normal wheelchairs, the wheels are tilted... Jesus Vazquez Sanchez and the guys would be extremely happy with used sports type wheelchairs they just want to play ball... I'm just open to any leads to finding this type of used wheelchair, that may be available...

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
humm not sure what I can do but I will for sure look in to it ...wonder what it take to modify a regular one? or if we can get the parts someone can do the modifications?

this would be associated with the DIF Therapy Center, I'm sure if they needed any proof or info on this group it can be supplied...

humm not sure what I can do but I will for sure look in to it ...wonder what it take to modify a regular one? or if we can get the parts someone can do the modifications?

I'll check with Jesus... he will know a lot more about this than I do... it may be possible to modify a normal chair...

[h=6]Hey everybody we need your support to get the Puerto Penasco Wheelchair Basketball Team rolling and competing with other teams throughout Mexico... We are looking for cash donations to purchase sport wheelchairs, right now we have one that is the proper type for basketball and it's on loan to the team... there are seven members on the team but if we could get 4 or 5 more chairs that would work... and we could even use donations of New or gently used basketballs and a carry bag for them...

Below is a link to my facebook album of some more photos from Sunday June 3rd practice...
Puerto Penasco Wheelchair Basketball | Facebook

Thank You for your support....
[/h]

WoW... Talk about AWESOME... my Amigo JGatthesea Peñasco just sent us a very generous donation to put toward purchasing basketballs or uniforms for Los Rolling Rockies...

Here We Go Rolling Rockies, Here We Go... I never thought of myself being a cheerleader but this gives me something to really cheer about... THANK YOU mi amigo Greg...

With the right donations...maybe we can get Mark to dress up in a cheerleader outfit (female)...with pictures????? :rofl:

With team members of Los Rolling Rockies at Sam's Club talking to the general manager of Sam's Luis Manuel Gonzalez, about possible sponsorship and it all went pretty well... we have a follow-up meeting or talk scheduled for Friday... Wish us LUCK...

Here We Go Rolling Rockies... Here We Go...

Thanks Roberto... I have already sent a message to "Banner Wheelchair Suns" last week and I'm still waiting for a reply... I guess since we are in Mexico they may not want to reply... I didn't even rate a courtious "NO"...

But I'll keep trying we have come a long way in the past month, we've bought 2 wheelchairs, we have another one on hold and we have the $200 set aside to pay for it, plus Barbs niece has two chairs for us in Missouri we are just waiting to find out how much the shipping cost will be and we need an address in AZ of someone we can ship them to that can bring them down to us... And we have the money from JGatthesea which we may be using to send a couple of the guys to Hermisillo to get our AC a.k.a. Association Civil (like a 501c3)...

Last edited: