Where are the smoked marlin tacos?

I had these in Arizona and about went insane. For an Alaskan boy, smoked fish tacos are up there with making babies. Add a fish like marlin to the mix and the lid comes off the insanity cap.

Somebody tell me this is something that we are going to be able to find here.

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
The Blue marlin has his own smoker and gets fresh fish to do his magic. He is right on the Port, left turn, can not miss.

A good chunk of smoked marlin, white chedder cheese and a nice fresh baguette is my favorite. Taste like smoked Ham.

Last edited:

mondone

Whitecaps
Homero's Blue Marlin is THE place. Sometime try his Neptune Dinner for 2 or more. Really good!

MIRAMAR

Try the grilled shrimp tacos w/ cilantro cream sauce-YUM! I think they're the best in Penasco-Welcome home!

Reactions: Rob
I made it to Homero's with amazing ease. When I walked in, there was not a single customer and I quickly discovered why. Evidently, the marlin is especially popular because they ran out and will not have more until Thursday.

Discouraged, I paid for my XX and tried to find a replacement. I stumbled into the new BBQ place and got a order of ribs to go. I wanted the chicken but again...they sold out. The smell of the ribs made it hard to get home without digging in. Once home, I dug in. Great flavor, nice sauce, the fries were good, but like the lady in the Wendy's commercial... Where's the Beef?

Oh well, soon they will have some type of brisket and we will give it another try.

I made it to Homero's with amazing ease. When I walked in, there was not a single customer and I quickly discovered why. Evidently, the marlin is especially popular because they ran out and will not have more until Thursday.
Thursday ya say huh? Be nice and fresh for me when I get there:) Is this more of a dinner place or lunch as well? And can someone explain a little more how to get there?

I went to Homero's again yesterday excited to experience the amazing smoked marlin plate and guess what... I was told they would maybe have some next month.

Ended up back at Capone's for the 4th time in a week.

Last edited:

rplarry

I went to Homero's again yesterday excited to experience the amazing smoked marlin plate and guess what... I was told they would maybe have some next month.

Ended up back at Capone's for the 4th time in a week.
Whey you go back to Capone's for the 5th time, order the Blackened Grouper with linguini. One of the freshest and best fish dinners we have had ANYWHERE. And that would not just be anywhere in RP, but truly ANYWHERE.

joester

2 salty dawgs
is it ok to get on a little soapbox here? I suggest folks ask for a more sustainable fish to eat when they go out to a restaurant, instead of billfish. there are MANY other types of fish which are delicious to eat, but few as spectacular and exciting to catch as a marlin. until the demand of folks orderering billfish decreases, these wonderful fish will continue to be part of commercial enterprises.
ok, I feel better now.
billfish: release 'em!!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
What he said. As a card-carrying member of The Billfish Foundation, I went into a bigger rant than that about the marlin, but deleted it.

I even fish billfish tournaments (release format) and nothing excites me more than catching a billfish than releasing it to catch another day. There are just so many other great tasting fish in the ocean, a lot better than marlin.

Now where in the hell is my shark-fin soup? <yes, totally kidding> :sharks:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Indeed you did, Kenny. I was even going to invoke an old name from this forum who had a fondness for marlin and cite him as an example of what happens when you eat it. But yeah, I'll give the newbie a chance. Then I'll beat him with a junior league hockey stick until he mends his ways.
:cluck:

Indeed you did, Kenny. I was even going to invoke an old name from this forum who had a fondness for marlin and cite him as an example of what happens when you eat it. But yeah, I'll give the newbie a chance. Then I'll beat him with a junior league hockey stick until he mends his ways.
:cluck:
If you're referring to a particular "old name", I just get another ranting email from him! Can't figure out why my email filter didn't work?????