Wind.....Saturday morning. Wow

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Center landfall for the first of the two monster "soaker storms" has moved south to the San Diego area now. Severe weather warnings for the mountains of San Diego County include ONE HUNDRED miles per hour winds this afternoon!

Just take a look at windytv.com for an eye opener. We are now getting the first waves of dark clouds and high winds as I write this here in Yuma.

JJ

jerry

Well Known Member
southwest California, the National Weather Service warned the area will see the strongest storm to hit this season. "It is likely the strongest within the last six years and possibly even as far back as December 2004 or January 1995," the weather service said.
Parts of the south-facing foothills and coastal mountain slopes could see up to 10 inches of rain through the weekend, meteorologists said.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Baja Cali Norte is going to get walloped as well. All of those new paved highways will be just as they were ten years ago.

Happy days for toads and tree frogs.

JJ

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
And.... I was going to go fishing this weekend. Flushed those plans on Thursday when I saw how things were shaping up.

mondone

Whitecaps
The road was too muddy in las conchas yesterday to get out and go to the Taste of Penasco. Looks like we will be home bound again today.
Not a bad way to spend a Sunday!
Was the same for us in Playa Encanto. But a bad day at the beach is better than a good day at work! :smiley: