Wine in Penasco

Roberto

The Crucero on Benito Juarez at the RR crossing used to have a fab selection of wine but almost nothing now. Guess they are getting out of it. Selections at Super Ley and Santa Fe are very megre, unless you like Padre Kino Wine. Fortunately, for me at least, the Bodega has a one very nice Malbec wine for 80 pesos, but not much else. Anyone know of other locations in Penasco for wine?

dwig222

I wrote a letter to the Rocky Point Times a couple of years ago asking the same question. They were going to do some research on it and write an article. I don't get the Rocky Point Times at home so I may have missed the article. You might want to email them and ask them about it. I'm bringing my sister down in the fall and she loves her wine so I'll be watching this thread. I did have some chablis (yuk) at La Curva a few years back that was tolerable.

The liquor store next to the railroad tracks on the main road has a real nice wine selection. They have a wine room in the back.

mondone

Whitecaps
The liquor store next to the railroad tracks on the main road has a real nice wine selection. They have a wine room in the back.
I believe that's the one Roberto is referring to. I do remember a back room of wines, but I haven,t been there in a couple of years.

Roberto

I believe that's the one Roberto is referring to. I do remember a back room of wines, but I haven,t been there in a couple of years.
Yep, that's what I said or tried to "The Crucero on Benito Juarez at the RR crossing used to have "

If you are coming down you can bring 5 liters of wine per person. If you have an extra person you can pick me up a 5 liter box of Vella Merlot, cheap and drinkable.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Yep, that's what I said or tried to "The Crucero on Benito Juarez at the RR crossing used to have "

If you are coming down you can bring 5 liters of wine per person. If you have an extra person you can pick me up a 5 liter box of Vella Merlot, cheap and drinkable.
I was going to do that last time. Unfortunately the box hit our place and was empty by the time we got to see you. Man that stuff is gross. I prefer Black Box, but too expensive.

Maybe next time amigo.