Would you like to see how good live streaming is now and maybe watch a race or two

GV Jack

Snorin God
You would think so, but you have to think about the guys mentality. He's a racer, not a driver.
I suspect if you challenged him he would run a foot race against you. Well, not right now, anyway.

I'll bet if you asked, he'd say he'd do it again tomorrow, if he could. That's just Smoke. I hope he never changes.

Terry C

Tony Stewart came from dirt tracks. Being an owner now could have a lot to do with it. Far as I know he has always ran sprint cars while driving NASCAR. It's his passion. Kasey Kahne along with others have to have the blessing of the owners and sponsors to race sprint cars[FONT=arial, sans-serif]. [/FONT]

Terry C

When driving a sprint car if you see a hole you go for it. That is what happened and the 19 year old said the same thing. She will be back. There were several interviews with her on the wreck after the crash and it went wild in u-tube. She did not blame him for his actions and it's all part of racing.

Kenny

There's a lot of guy's who run both and have teams as well, Kasey Kahn is one. Truth is there so much safer today than in the past when it wasn't uncommon to lose someone somewhere most every weekend. Terry knows, he has a long history with the sport too.
Now as far as a broken leg is concerned, though Tony has been in some rough rides in both a Sprinter and a midget driving over his head, the safety features have kept him relatively injury free. No matter whats said about Tony though, he ain't no AJ Foyt!

Don't hurry. He's dead," said the first doctor to get to him that Sunday at Riverside, Calif. And that would have been that, and all these years they'd have reminisced about the late, great A.J. Foyt, had not his old hell-raisin' buddy, Parnelli Jones, noticed a faint gurgling sound from the unconscious body and said, "Well, wait a minute," and crawled into the overturned stock car and with his fingers started to dig the mud and sand from A.J. Foyt's mouth and throat so he could breathe again.
Broken back, crushed sternum and bad concussion. And A.J. Foyt's prime as a driver was yet to come: His third and fourth Indy 500 wins, victories in the Daytona 500 stock car race, the 24 Hours of Le Mans sports car race, the 24 Hours of Daytona, the 12 Hours of Sebring -- every one of the world's most renowned races except the Grand Prix of Monaco, which he never entered because of his disdain for Formula One racing.
Formula One wasn't considered racing at all by the tough guys around the dirt tracks that loosed A.J. Foyt onto the world and birthed his mean-as-a-bull image. The late Johnny White once recalled what it felt like when a raging young Foyt snatched him by the head as he sat in a sprint car at Williams Grove, Pa.: "I could feel my helmet breaking around my ears -- krrrnch!"... A.J. Foyt reflected on his life for an Ed Hinton story that first appeared in the National Sports Daily 20 years ago - ESPN