YESTERDAY WAS A SCORCHER BUT TODAY?????

Yesterday 19 June 17 here in Yuma we topped out at 120 degrees at 3:00 PM. We cooked some rib eyes on the last night barbie while cooling off in the hot tub with 93 degree water. At 10:30 PM outside air temp was 105 degrees.

Now 20 June 17 at 12:44 my three weather stations indicate 122 degrees and we till have at least three more hours in the oven till the max daytime temp arrives.

My herd of little Ornate Tree Lizards are stupefied, in a daze. I can pick em off the trees by hand with no attempt of escaping.

Anyone else topping of the charts out there?

JJ

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I was in Needles for the last week and Sunday and Monday were def hot but in a weird way it was bearable. The Colorado makes it nice and the air is so dry. I just unloaded my van here at home in Peñasco and it is 92 degrees in town and my shirt is soaking wet after 15 minutes. A different type of heat for sure. I don't think I sweated the entire time I was with my kiddos.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Agree with Russ. While the temps here in Tempe are high, sort of like walking out into a convection oven, nothing compares to that sweaty humidity heat in Penasco. Son and I did a fishing trip a year or so ago on our birthdays in Sept., thought we were gonna die. Spent much of the day offshore just diving into the water to cool off. If there were any fish around, they were parboiled. Water was reading 95 degrees, even 30 miles out!

TICO-T

Yesterday 19 June 17 here in Yuma we topped out at 120 degrees at 3:00 PM. We cooked some rib eyes on the last night barbie while cooling off in the hot tub with 93 degree water. At 10:30 PM outside air temp was 105 degrees.

Now 20 June 17 at 12:44 my three weather stations indicate 122 degrees and we till have at least three more hours in the oven till the max daytime temp arrives.

My herd of little Ornate Tree Lizards are stupefied, in a daze. I can pick em off the trees by hand with no attempt of escaping.

Anyone else topping of the charts out there?

JJ
Buckeye,AZ is 114 at present. Forecast for 120. 50 flights canceled at Phoenix Sky Harbor

Roberto

Today , Tuesday, June 20, at 330pm temp at mi casa is 93 with 61%. Eat your heart out Phoenix and hurry up and make a reservation on a condo at Esmerelda

Finally leveled off here in Yuma at 123 degrees for the last three hours. Been expecting to see birds dropping dead from the trees. Just saw the bums at the library park with at least twenty shopping carts rounded up like a wagon train expecting an injun attack. My pool and hot tub are the same temp now 93 degrees.

Saw on the fake news that San Francisco was having power brown outs due to massive 77 degree heat.

JJ

Today , Tuesday, June 20, at 330pm temp at mi casa is 93 with 61%. Eat your heart out Phoenix and hurry up and make a reservation on a condo at Esmerelda
Yep, but as mentioned above, the humidity is up there. Been down here since around the 10th, and nights / AMs were wonderful. Felt the humidity start rolling in around the 15th and by now, it's pretty thick. That said, there is a reason the return trip to Tempe didn't happen yesterday or today or tomorrow . . . .

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Was up in Flagstaff yesterday to visit with a friend, 90 degrees, pleasant. About 2:30, storm brewed up. Thunder, lightning and drenching rain/hail as we headed out of Flag. 56 degrees!! It felt wonderful! Watched the temps slowly rise as we came back down the hill to 118 at about 4:30 coming down the 51. A 60 degree change in but 160 miles. Unbelievable.

joester

2 salty dawgs
Stuart -
thanks for making the Tempe heat more bearable - rain in Flag, and 56 degrees.
can't wait to get out of town and head to lake superior :)

Ok and also a mini trip report,

Came down today arriving at my place in Cholla, at noon, it was 87 degrees and 65% humidity and a strong breeze from the SE.
Lot's of plates from California going both ways to and from RP.
Cranked on the AC and went into town to buy another mini-split AC from Muebles Coloniales for my bedroom,
1 ton heat and cool for 5200 pesos ($290) and another 700 pesos ($40+ $10 tip) to install. (Mirage X3 super efficient unit).
In the states this would have cost my $1,200-1500. Gotta love Mexico.:):):)

Went to get some food at Taco's Brisas but it was packed with Gringos, so we went to plan B,
Plan B, (big mistake) Stopped at Taco's Plablanos on Sam Ocana had some not so great tacos, veggi tray served was way past throwing out.

On a positive note, The installers beat me back to my house and 90 minutes later 60 degree air from the new AC was filling my bedroom.:):).

In Cholla at 6 am it was 69 with 74% humidity, pretty nice with a nice breeze from the E-SE, then around 10 am the AC went back on.
It got up into the 90's here in Cholla with lower humidity. While in town my outside thermo on my car showed 97 at 2 pm.
At 6pm it's 84 with 75% humidity, breeze has been on and off most of the day from the usual SE this time of the year.

Not too bad for a 4th of July weekend.