Your favorite Mexican Beer?

When I was younger about the only beer available in RP was Corona de Barill in the little"grenande" style bottles. Pacifico is now my favorite but I think Negra Modelo is one of the finest beers made anywhere.

When at home in Phoenix, if I put a lime in a Pacifico I am instantly transported to the beach :) I love the somewhat smoky tastes I perceive in Pacifico.

Here is an interesting article on Mexican beer history:

History of Mexican Beer

Also: we just bought a Keg of Victoria which turns out to be a pretty smooth amber beer.

El Gato

Corona immediately takes me back to the days of laying on the beach and dancing at Hector's Cantina at the Playa Hermosa. Learned to do the Twist at Hectors. In those days the only cooling device on a hot summer night of dancing was to take a dip in your bathing suit, put a shift over it and dance until it dried - then back for more. Our own version of evaporative cooling lol.

mis2810

Corona immediately takes me back to the days of laying on the beach and dancing at Hector's Cantina at the Playa Hermosa. Learned to do the Twist at Hectors. In those days the only cooling device on a hot summer night of dancing was to take a dip in your bathing suit, put a shift over it and dance until it dried - then back for more. Our own version of evaporative cooling lol.
Sounds like heaven and it brings to mind a Mexican version of the old Gidget movies on the beach.