Yuma to Guaymas

YumaJames

In the next few days wanted to do a Harley ride from Yuma to Guaymas and since I've never done this route was just looking for any feedback and suggestions. Referencing maps/Googlemaps was gonna take the toll highway from Yuma to Rocky Point, then head south via Hwy 37 and 3 to Bahia de Kino. From there head south via Hwy 26/61 (through Cholay?)/15 to Guaymas. Am trying to avoid bigger cities like Hermosillo.

Would that be the shortest/best route for a road bike?
Besides Mexico insurance do I need paperwork for the motorbike?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
That would be a great r oad trip on a bike. When you get past Puerto Libertad the road goes to ****t but a bike would have no problem at all.There are no big cities after San Luis Sonora where you cross

YumaJames

That would be a great r oad trip on a bike. When you get past Puerto Libertad the road goes to ****t but a bike would have no problem at all.There are no big cities after San Luis Sonora where you cross
Thanks Russ. Always appreciate your feedback because I know you know those roads.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life

Is any of that section past Libertad dirt? I was under the impression that the costera wasnt completely finished all the way to Kino...