Awesome, Authentic Fish Art!

CJ*

Hi everybody! I have an artist friend who has created magnificent fish paintings, of the fish we catch in the Sea of Cortez. Thought I would post up some pics of her paintings to share with you guys. She takes a fresh caught fish, washes him off, puts paint on him and takes an imprint of the fish with fabric. Hangs the fabric to dry and then cuts out the fish and secures the fish print to canvas. Then adds a bit more color and magic and the result is an incredible painting - with a very authentic replication of the fish! Her name is Beth and she lives full time in Punto Chivato so she is securing the same fish we get up here. Beth visited me recently and left 10 paintings that were supposed to be on display at the Penasco Fishing Tournament - since it was cancelled, none of you got to see them. So here are some pictures of the paintings - they don't do the actual painting justice as the glimmer and shimmer that she puts on the fish is hard to reproduce with my camera. I have all these paintings at my house in Cholla Bay - so if you want to see them live, just holler! Happy to share them with you. They are all available for purchase. The Baquetas and Yellowtails are large - 30'x48", check out the last picture of her standing with all the paintings for size reference. I included some close ups so you can see some of the detail she adds!

DSCN4868.jpgDSCN4867.jpgDSCN4865.jpgDSCN4864.jpgDSCN4858.jpgDSCN4846.jpgDSCN4833.jpgDSCN4831.jpgDSCN4830.jpgDSCN4829.jpgDSCN4826.jpgDSCN4825.jpgDSCN4823.jpgDSCN4822.jpgDSCN4821.jpg

jerry

They are great looking..Origional art is an understatement. plus the artist has the coolest adventure camping trailer of all time!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
CJ - You were right; these are fantastic looking!! Now, if I could just find a wall....

CJ*

The smaller Corvinas are $150's, midsize canvases in the $200's, Single XL Baquetas $525, and the most expensive is the XL large school of Yellowtails (6 fish in the painting) - that one is $625. They are magnificent when you see them in person! The XL paintings are 30" x 48" so they take up a big wall space! Holler if anybody wants to see them!

CJ*

Hi guys, I am back in Cholla for a few days if anyone wants to come by and see my friend's fish paintings! Holler at me - Mex line 382-5162

CJ*

My friend Beth the Fish Painting Artist has delivered me several new paintings. I have Triggerfish, Dorado, Corvina, Rockbass and Groupers. New colors, very pretty! I hung several up at Xochitl's Cafe in Cholla and the rest are at my house on Pelican Pt. Stop by or message me if you would like to have a look at them. The new batch are smaller and prices are $125 - $400.

DeniseAck

CJ*--Your friend is on to something big. I just saw someone selling them via a Grommet email which goes out nation-wide. It's called fish rubbing, or the ancient art of Gyotaku. Tell her to start advertising on Etsy!