BoomerFest Update

jerry

1972 we hired Styxx to play at the SDS Counter Orientation at the Purdue band shell.....had to pay a guy named Dennis the 900 dollar fee in advance.....my bet is they still get payed up front so this thing will happen in some form...

Last edited:
Interesting event. The 3 day general pass is only $175 and there is a huge line up of music, comedy, arts, theater.........list goes on.

Pinky

Dave Mason has now been dropped from the lineup. Still no sign of a daily schedule, seems like they want people to blindly buy a ticket with no idea of what they will be receiving for their money.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member

jben

It's official ... as if there was any doubt,

Hi Jeff,

The Boomer Fest Days Team have been working
very hard on trying to create a unique music and
cultural experience geared towards the Baby Boomer
generation who frequent Puerto Peñasco, "Rocky Point", Mexico.

Due to the low volume of tickets sales we are forced
to cancel Boomer Fest Days Festival with much regret.

All ticket buyers are already receiving 100% refunds on
their ticket purchases "including the service charges".

We appreciate your music-loving spirit and know you have
a special place in your heart for Rocky Point and Classic Rock n Roll!
We still have a strong, undying vision and belief to make a special
event happen sometime in the future with this awesome theme.

We want to thank all of the Puerto Peñasco City Officials,
Accommodations Providers and all others who have supported
our efforts for Boomer Fest Days.

Sincerely,
--
BFD Support Team
Boomer Fest Days

mondone

Whitecaps
Let's just hope they truly do issue the full refunds now. It's hard to believe this clown is going to absorb all the promotion costs he laid out.

How much dinero do you think he actually laid out.
And what about all the boomers that won free love packages that made plans to come down. And people that possibly purchased nonrefundable plane tickets.
What a joke.

Feel bad for all the local people that either supported them by getting government approvals, permits, etc and any vendors that were gearing up for the event.

The people that made nonrefundable deposits of condos and houses hopefully still go to Rocky Point and enjoy the weekend.

jerry

Sad I was planning on going Saturday.,.I wonder if they just had 3 bands for one day if it would have worked?

Kenny

Not a naysayer here, just someone with a little common sense. It was a shoe in that their over the top and stupid expensive tent ideas and such wouldn't happen, that's why I just stopped posting about it.

Same deal with the Thunder on the Beach and their over the top crap. After I pointed out I knew that some of the drivers on their first poster were racing with top sanctioning body's and there wasn't a snow ball chance in hell they would be there, they just changed the poster with pictures of cars in positions so you couldn't read the numbers. LOL

What the hell is so hard about coming up with something like most festivals do nowadays and grow it. When I went to the DeadWood Jam in 98 we brought chairs and blankets and I think it was free! look at it now....http://www.deadwood.com/events/deadwoodjam/
Edit- Oh, and Jefferson Starship were the headliners in 98.

Last edited: