Clams?

Landshark

from Roberto's post above...

Yes you can buy at the fish market both small and large clams (the white ones). Yes, you can have a great time digging your own. Go to La Pinta, left down the beach a couple hundred yards when the tide is out. Right at the tide line on the beach. I used a small gardening cultivator, rake like thing. They are not deep at all. If you don't rake some up with a few tries, you are in the wrong place. They are plentiful here. You can see them pissing up in the air when the conditions are right.

from Seadweller... Directions to La Pinta

Last edited:

Landshark

From Benito Juarez to Gilliespie's hacienda is about 45 min. The time will vary if you are taking it easy enjoying the drive and checking stuff out or driving like a madman like many do!

JoseAz

and if you add some corn meal in the water with the clams it will clean them out even more...
Hey Seadweller, we are coming down next week and think it might be fun to do a little clamming. Did a search and found this thread. I'll keep looking but if you can offer some advice on where and how, we will appreciate it

You may be able to book an excursion with Barb his wife. I do not know if she still does them but if she does she has all you need to do it