Gay Table Dance Bar to Open ???

Roberto

Hooters, on Campeche in the Mirador, has closed. Located in the old Rocky Gardens location, Hooters is the third name and ownership the joint has had. Drove by there and the sign inserts are removed and cleaning and painting is going on. Word on the street is that it will open as a gay table dance bar. Owners are optimistic of success, but y'all have another entertainment alternative.

AZRob

That place will be closed sooner than it opened. What a waste of money.

"but y'all" LOL!!!!!

Roberto

Actually there is a fairly large and active gay community in Penasco. I've met quite a few over the years. Ana's Tio was a gay hairdresser from Kino and he used to come to visit us and had his friends over to our house. Some nice people. Playa assures me that it is true, Hector does too. Fair number of pretty TV's live here, you might be surprised. Be interesting to see if they go only guy dancing or TVs too.

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Like most cities, many will have a 'gay' bar or nightclub that caters to the LGBT community.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Like most cities, many will have a 'gay' bar or nightclub that caters to the LGBT community.
Brings back memories... in the young, stupid days of my youth. While in the Navy, I met a gal (also in the Navy) and fell head over heels for her. She told me right up front she was a lesbian. At that point in my life, she was the one and only lesbian I had ever met and I had absolutely zero knowledge about anything gay. I mean, I knew it meant she liked other women, but beyond that, I was a dumb country boy straight off the farm in Pennsylvania. We spent a lot of time together and eventually got an apartment together off base. She would take me to "her" clubs. Always some sort of stage show, usually hysterically funny. And I never had to buy a drink. Damn, I'd sit down with her and the drinks would line up on the table for me like a busy airport holding pattern! She and I got very close - only as friends. I met her family; her mom and sister took me aside and told me not to give up, that she "only needed the love of a good man" to make her see the light. As I eventually found out, were they ever full of bullsh*t! Things eventually disintegrated between us. She would go out and bring home girls and often, they would end up spending the night with me instead of her, which made her absolutely nuts. Kind of like having a cat that goes out hunting and brings home "presents" for you!

Looking back, I have her and those nights at "her" clubs to thank for my expansive knowledge of Broadway show tunes!! :rofl: :puff: