Gun Battle in Sonoyta?

IggyAZ

Recent gun battle Cartel and MX soldiers in Sonoyta near Lukeville MX crossing?
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Old55

Miramar on another topic my friend who has gone down to Santo Tomas once a month for 17 years says the road past your turnoff to maybe 5 miles past the Mayan is worse than she has ever seen it. inCaborca they say the Mayor of Puerto Penasco isnt using the money to fix his area.

MIRAMAR

Yes, the road about 2 miles before the Miramar turn off is terrible. My husband went through Nogales when Lukeville was closed, and said the road immediately after the Mayan was bad also.

I can't believe our property taxes have increased, and yet, the Mayor won't do anything about the road. The Mayan owners must be angry.

ernesto

MEXICO CITY – Mexico wants an urgent investigation into how U.S. military- grade weapons are increasingly being found in the hands of Mexican drug cartels, Mexico’s top diplomat said Monday.

Mexico’s army is finding belt-fed machine guns, rocket launchers and grenades that are not sold for civilian use in the United States.

“The (Mexican) Defense Department has warned the United States about weapons entering Mexico that are for the exclusive use of the U.S. army,” Foreign Relations Secretary Alicia Bárcena said. “It is very urgent that an investigation into this be carried out.”

The Mexican army said in June that it had seized 221 fully automatic machine guns, 56 grenade launchers and a dozen rocket launchers from drug cartels since late 2018

joanC

If these weapons are getting into Mx, it's clear someone in the military is the supplier and someone at the border is greasing the wheels to get them into Mx.

audsley

I suspect Ernesto hit the bulls eye. US made weapons have been sold to countries on every continent except Antarctica. Regimes change and so do military needs. If an army, militia or guerilla group wants something they don't have, weapons are as good as cash.

Old55

Most everything I see can be bought here . The vast majority of the weapons are tracked to the USA .
Bob you do know that was Trumps deal right? After he released per the agreement the 5000 hardcore fighters before Jan6 the game was over.I believe it was still the smart move….messy sure but it is a messy world.

I went thru Sonoyta on Thurs Jan 18th, everything was quiet, lot's of places were closed at 3:30 PM, my son went thru on Sunday at 6PM
most everything was closed.
I came back on Thursday at 1PM more things were open and no issues other than I didn't see 1 police car, that never happens.
The road widening project starts about 1/2 mile south of the border,it appears on the US side nothing has been done for the SENTRI lane.
The Lukeville border agents were mostly females on Thursday.