HUGE Great White Shark Caught!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Go ahead, keep swimming with the sea lions, people...

Three commercial guys caught this MONSTER great white yesterday just a few miles out. Actually got tangled in their nets and they somehow managed to subdue it. Measured nearly 18 ft. long; no idea of weight because they couldn't get it off the beach and butchered it there shortly after this picture was taken. The three fishermen are counting their blessings and pesos - with Semana Santa crowds this weekend, that's a LOT of shark tacos!!

Attachments

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
No it's not... the story is TRUE, I swear!!

Just the date and place have been changed. This actually took place in Santa Roslia in 2004. The picture is real.

HAPPY

User is currently banned
~~~ April fools for sure, ~~~ :lol:

~~~ This took place at Santa Rosalia in ~~~ 2004 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: ~~~

~~~ Nice try Stuart, ~~~ but you should know better than to try to pull one over on ~~~

~~~ THE GREAT HAPPY ~~~ :lol: :lol:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Okay... geez. Can't catch a single fish, even on April Fool's Day! Your hooks are all too sharp. If you highlight the near invisible text under my 2nd post, I admit that it's Santa Rosalia in 2004.
:cluck:

That one may be an APril Fools joke, but I did hear that a great white (though smaller) had been caught off Bird Island a few years ago ....the same weekend my daughter and I rode our jetskiis out there, and she and her friend were swimming around with the sea lions!

Last edited:

playaperro

El Pirata
Their has been a BW-Shark hanging out aroung cholla bay, Their has been alot of locals talking on how to catch it. No BS..

I saw that article on Genes website back when it was originally posted... did you see the size of the jaws from this fish??? there is a photo of one of the fishermen holding the jaws and they stretch from his waist to the top of his head... teeth had to be 2 inches long like the one I wear... that's a big fish...

and like I always say... I'm not afraid of any sharks... I know they don't eat PooP...

Last edited:
Okay, seriously though, they actually managed to get that thing on the beach using the little boat that they're standing next to???????

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
That's the power of a panga, baby! :notworthy:

From what I understand, the shark truly was netted and had died in the nets. Simple matter to tie it up along side the panga (or behind it) and tow it on in. No, no way they actually put it in the panga.

Ted

The Cholla Bay Great White has moved south and has now been seen in Puerto Lobos. It is now hooked to a 15 gallon blue gas barrel. It surfaces every so often. In negotiations with a local cartel member for some hand grenades and a small rocket launcher - in case it shows again.

Ted well be down thursday at about 1 or 2 . Stop by the point so we can meet. Could you ask Quilta to find me some White sea bass and tell him I've got him a awesome wetsuit. How has the fishing been Leigh

Ted well be down thursday at about 1 or 2 . Stop by the point so we can meet. Could you ask Quilta to find me some White sea bass and tell him I've got him a awesome wetsuit. How has the fishing been Leigh
Quilta or wilta lives next to the store Thanks Leigh

B

bahiatrader

I don't give a darn! I just don't go swimming with sea lions anymore. In my days of ignorance I swam with them out at Bird Island. I look too much like a crippled, easy to catch and eat, sea lion when I'm in the water than I can be comfortable with. I like Mark, but I think he's crazy for going swimming with one of the great white's favorite foods. ¨iTiene huevos Mucho grande!