Lost friend, female traveling alone! Please read and respond if you know anything!!

CJ*

I am posting this urgent request on behalf of friends Tony and Diane, residing in Puerto Lobos:

We were contacted today by Tony today to inform us that a friend of theirs called yesterday morning as she crossed the border at Lukeville (Thursday, Oct 11). She has not made it to Lobos. Details below, if you have any information, please contact Tony and Diane on their Mexican Cell: 011 52 1 637 102 5011

Dale Smith called from Lukeville at 9:30 am on Oct 11 to let Tony and Diane know she was just crossing the border. She was driving a Green F250 Diesel Pickup, License 094WLL. She was bringing supplies to Tony in Pto Lobos.

Dale is described as an attractive, blonde female, age 50, traveling alone.

Her intent was to take the route through RockyPt on to Pto Lobos. She did not arrive as expected and has not been heard from since the border phone call.

Tony and Diane have contacted Mexican Police. If you have seen her or have ANY POSSIBLE information regarding her, please call Tony immediately on the Mexican Cell listed above.

We need our network of American Travelers to think hard and try to remember if they saw her or her truck. THANK YOU!

jerry

CJ i have the guys at Santo Tomas and friends in Caborca on it...please reply if she turns up.

CJ*

UPDATE!!!!! Dale made it to Lobos! For some reason, she took the "Old Road" - the dirt road that some of you may remember. She must not have known about the new super highway! The dirt road is no longer maintained (when it was, it could wreck a truck). She got stuck about 2:30pm yesterday. Ended up spending the night in her truck. Took off walking toward Lobos this morning. Federales found her out in the desert and brought to safely to Lobos! Needless to say, she is upset! But she is safe and sound. Thanks for your thoughts and no doubt prayers!

Landshark

Great news! You had me really worried. Something like this is everybody's worst nightmare. Glad it had a happy ending!

Roberto

WOW, thanks for the news and she certainly has the blessing of the Buddha !! I'll call off the dogs here in Penasco. Good work on the part of the Mexican authorities too !! Muchas Gracias a ti!

jerry

A dead Blonde in mexico...Fox news would have been all over it Man i hope her truck is still in one piece

CJ*

Guys, as a female that often travels alone to Cholla or Lobos - this kind of story was very upsetting. I for one, always travel with a cell phone that is Mexico enabled - for such reasons. She may have been completely out of cell service on the Old Road - which really sucks. I think there is complete cell service now all the way from Penasco to Lobos - maybe just a few dead spots. BUT - that's if you take the new highway. So sorry she was not clear on how to get there. Must have been a tough night for her. Thanks for everyone's input and help. AND to the Federales!

jerry

Even my friends that work down there were worried after the crap that's been going on this last week......we should maybe have a land and water emergency information site for the South beach areas///TelCel is real good down to DesembQue internet wise

Roberto

Even my friends that work down there were worried after the crap that's been going on this last week......we should maybe have a land and water emergency information site for the South beach areas///TelCel is real good down to DesembQue internet wise
Use this Forum too. Maybe with an individual special subject line. You won't find another site with the activity level and repository of informed and concerned residents and active travelers. Trick would be to keep the barking dogs from crapping all over the place. If we see a post there we will know it is important.

playaperro

El Pirata
Use this Forum too. Maybe with an individual special subject line. You won't find another site with the activity level and repository of informed and concerned residents and active travelers. Trick would be to keep the barking dogs from crapping all over the place. If we see a post there we will know it is important.[/QUOTE

Good news she was found save!

Last edited:
Gosh I sure wish this story would end up in the AZ/Cali papers, But it won't because it is good news.
Really happy it turn out well, She will have a grat story to tell.