More Road Work in Old Port

Gotta love it when the engineer in charge of a job like this quits to try to get his bosses job. Lol.
No worries, I am sure it will be done before Spring breaks start in 2 weeks. :oops:

By the way, thanks for the update, we are supposed to be down there the second week of April. I wonder how or if the work will affect the Pirates and Mermaids festival?

Last edited:

ben21

Although the timing isn't great, I like the project. This is the type of infrastructure work that needs to happen in order to turn RP into the city many think it already is. Any word on a Sonoyta bypass?

They are moving right along with the project Paving is going in just North and West of Safe Harbor.
It appears all of the dirt work is done and some curbing is started. It sure would be great if theyhad
the concrete work done before Spring break.
I sure wish the jetty was going so well. We were out there about a week ago and the big cat was down
but the mechanic said it was almost finished. He expected it finished that day. They were hauling rock when it broke down.
They sure building on the concrete structures. I do see piles of them but have not seen any being moved. They
do have a crane to set them.