need a computer guru

After my laptop Windows 7 died, I have a new laptop with Windows 10! Fortunately all is backed up with Carbonite and is now reloading on the new laptop, but once that is done I'm definitely going to need a "Windows 1o One-on-One Coach." Does anyone know someone like that?

Kenny

I downloaded 10 for free online (anyone can) onto one of my computers and I'm still getting used to it myself. I'd look online for any specific questions you might have after exploring it.

I downloaded 10 for free online (anyone can) onto one of my computers and I'm still getting used to it myself. I'd look online for any specific questions you might have after exploring it.

Thanks! This should be yet another challenge....DUH!

Kenny

When they download 10 online they save your old operating system on your computer for 30 days so you can change back if you don't like it; or you can delete the old files (old operating system) right off to save space on the hard drive. Hey, this is one way to get your older computer running good again and all your pictures etc are still there.

Yes, free! This upgrade offer is for a full version of Windows 10, not a trial. 3GB download required; internet access fees may apply. To take advantage of this free offer, you must upgrade to Windows 10 within one year of availability. Once you upgrade, you have Windows 10 for free on that device......http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-upgrade?&SEMID=1&WT.srch=1&ocid=Win10Upgrade_SEM_BNG_MSBranded_ACTV_en-US_sitelink&wt.mc_id=Win10Upgrade_SEM_BNG_MSBranded_ACTV_en-US_sitelink

Last edited:

Rhino

Does anyone know if the desktop and email (Windows Live Mail) will be duplicated and saved in the conversion to 10? This is exstemely important to me since I have some pretty important stuff stored there.

Your desktop should be similar, icons will be a bit different. Your live mail is linked to your Microsoft live account so it will similar to
what you have now, no loss of e-mails.
The Win Explorer 10, 11 you are now using will be the Spartan version that MS is now loading with Win 10.
The MSN home page is a bit different with Spartan, I believe you can also install Explorer 11 if you don't like it.
I haven't seen an home icon on the tool bar, but saved the my/MSN page to the favorites bar in order to get to my Hotmail quickly.
I'm using the Win-10 Insider preview (ever evolving beta version of Windows 10.)

Does anyone know if the desktop and email (Windows Live Mail) will be duplicated and saved in the conversion to 10? This is exstemely important to me since I have some pretty important stuff stored there.
Have you heard of Carbonite? Check it out on the internet.... It's saved my life twice now when two of my laptops died. I just had all of my files restored to my new laptop by Carbonite. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out Windows 10, but at least all the files are now safe within it (somewhere?)

When they download 10 online they save your old operating system on your computer for 30 days so you can change back if you don't like it; or you can delete the old files (old operating system) right off to save space on the hard drive. Hey, this is one way to get your older computer running good again and all your pictures etc are still there.

Yes, free! This upgrade offer is for a full version of Windows 10, not a trial. 3GB download required; internet access fees may apply. To take advantage of this free offer, you must upgrade to Windows 10 within one year of availability. Once you upgrade, you have Windows 10 for free on that device......http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-upgrade?&SEMID=1&WT.srch=1&ocid=Win10Upgrade_SEM_BNG_MSBranded_ACTV_en-US_sitelink&wt.mc_id=Win10Upgrade_SEM_BNG_MSBranded_ACTV_en-US_sitelink
Thanks. I have a new computer, there was no hope for my old one, and it came with Windows 10.

Kristen

Hi everyone, my name is Kristen. My friends parents have a condo out at Las Palomas that they rarely use, but I've been hearing different things about the internet out there. As weird as it may sound, I'm a female professional online poker player so I need to have a solid connection. Is there anyone located in or near Las Palomas who might be able to do a quick test for me to find out if its even worth me to head down there? I'm not sure who else to ask, and I'd be happy to provide my facebook, email, phone and anything else privately for anyone willing to help me out, and possibly save me a trip. I'd even be happy to send a tip for the 2 minutes of help :)

Kenny

“I will set aside the point that I see no special heroism in accumulating money, particularly if, in addition, the person is foolish enough to not even try to derive any tangible benefit from the wealth (aside from the pleasure of regularly counting the beans).”
Nassim Nicholas Taleb, Fooled by Randomness: The Hidden Role of Chance in Life and in the Markets
Leave the day job at home.....collect sea shells and eat tacos....
I see your Taleb and raise you a Yogi. "It's like deja vu all over again."...http://www.baseball-almanac.com/quotes/quoberra.shtml
"You can't compare me to my father. Our similarities are different." - Dale Berra

jerry

.....It seems one should be at their best when gambling.Internet snafu, food poisoning,drinking to much,dehydration mixed with energy drinks in the hot sun could cut your odds of winning...so just don't play on vacation.