Not sure Mexico will ever overcome this curse

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I know a lot of police, detectives and newspeople including my daughter. No one ever has said they have news stories that have been censored. In the U.S. everyone has a smart phone and news of events happens lighting fast through the news networks and by local people. I call BS on this comment.
DS exactly my point, specially coming from law enforcement or newspeople, those people will be the last I will believe on, if you speak spanish fluently and watch the news in Mexico you will notice the discrepancies all over the place specially when they are having the international news and even some of the Mexican news get embellished a little or even change enough to make it just different to make you have a change of opinion. Are you familiar with the well known Government Warnings for travelers abroad and specially for those traveling to Mexico into Rocky Point!!!! and this just being the one example that ALL of us travelers to RP know very well!!!!!!!!

Again I am not asking anybody to believe on me all am saying is that in USA the news are not reported as they happen or they get change a bit, and I am not talking about every day petty crime the police report on the newspaper or the news on TV, unfortunately it seems that the majority of people walks around with blinders in USA!!!

Last edited:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
E. Mexican Joe may not be a criminal but he has some Gansta in him,that is for sure
I guess sarcasm did not work in this instance since he has some gansta on him, I just thought he was an outstanding example of your typical american boy!!!

jerry

DS exactly my point, specially coming from law enforcement or newspeople, those people will be the last I will believe on, if you speak spanish fluently and watch the news in Mexico you will notice the discrepancies all over the place specially when they are having the international news and even some of the Mexican news get embellished a little or even change enough to make it just different to make you have a change of opinion. Are you familiar with the well known Government Warnings for travelers abroad and specially for those traveling to Mexico into Rocky Point!!!! and this just being the one example that ALL of us travelers to RP know very well!!!!!!!!

Again I am not asking anybody to believe on me all am saying is that in USA the news are not reported as they happen or they get change a bit, and I am not talking about every day petty crime the police report on the newspaper or the news on TV, unfortunately it seems that the majority of people walks around with blinders in USA!!!
It is hard to love Fox News and Mexico at the same time.Those neocons have Mexico on the list of countries to blow the crap out of.......Like Freedom Fries in the run up to the Gulf war when the Fox blondes start calling Nachos " Liberty Chips". Get ready for President Romney to send the 4th Infantry toward Penasco.....Maybe they will tear down that Marlin statue like Sadams too.

playaperro

El Pirata
Sure not 13 tons.....plus pressed weed is pretty much bad weed after a week
Not 13 tons more like 13 million dollars plus another 4 million in another semi truck. Might be even more they only report half of what they get. You can read about the 4 mil on numeros.

Landshark

It's always been so obvious, legalization will put an end to the Mexican weed market. Like the article said,
"the same way bootleggers disappeared after prohibition fell.” Biggest problem is DEA & many others in the US are just as dirty as the cartels & will lose $$$ if legalized. They just need to give it up & remember the herion business will still be there to line their pockets.

Roberto

I think the fundamental factor that supports the Cartels in Mexico is POVERTY. There are other factors of course, fear and corruption being two other big ones. But if people have something to protect they will. If your little child says "I'm hungry" and you have no money for food what will you do? I have known over the years a couple of examples. Cousin of mi esposa could not find work to feed his new baby so he agreed to pack across the border. He now resides in prison in the US where he is fed but his wife and child not.

Roberto

If the so called 'war on drugs' was successfull, there is a very good chance that the Mexican economy would seriously suffer.
http://www.wikileaks.org/gifiles/attach/166/166337_MexicanDrugMarket_Riosv2.doc
Yes, I think this is true and it is little discussed. The ramifications of that eventuality argue to keep the drugs flowing. Personally I don't care about the durg traffic per se, if the Shitheads would just stop the bad stuff for the people, rape, kidnapping, murder, etc.
If the US did not get the drugs from Mexico they would get them from someplace else. The money does benefit lots of people in Mexico.

jerry

When the first car bomb goes off in a tourist area all will change.....they found 20 hand grenades in Caborca checkpoint A while ago.....U.S. military shit...where does it come from? Baja is really spooky again,Guys tied to Caborca cartel are keeping the lid on in Penasco now but the BL's are still strong from Sonoyta to Nogales....