Puerto Penasco Home Port

Pinky

It has been all over the radio (in Spanish) that the drivers MAY get paid next week. If you ask the workers directly, they confirm they have not been paid and that it is the reason for lack of progress on the home port.

mis2810

Trucks parked all day today. What happened to the millions of pesos that were approved? Any guess as to whose pocket are they in??????

ben21

Thanks for the Puerto Penasco Home Port update
Ah, I forgot negativity isn't allowed when it comes to discussing the jetty. It's kind of weird to me because the renderings for this project are actually a bigger pipe dream than Boomerfest, which apparently is ok to be negative about.

jerry

In January I took this picture in Tasmania of a jetty ( or whatever the hell it is) to point out the lack of a protection pier going out to the North on our Homeport.When a northerner comes at full moon on a high tide I will be surprised if we do not have a problem.

image.jpg

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
Ah, I forgot negativity isn't allowed when it comes to discussing the jetty. It's kind of weird to me because the renderings for this project are actually a bigger pipe dream than Boomerfest, which apparently is ok to be negative about.
I totally see how a virus that took place on a cruise ship from Los Angeles has everything to due with discussing the jetty in Puerto Penasco. Again, thanks for the update on "Puerto Penasco Home Port"

Who the hell cares about a virus on a cruise ship at this point except for the people who are infected and I'm sorry for that. We are talking about a Jetty Home port in RP on Sandy Beach some love some hate it. Let it run its course we can't stop it I don't like it but still don't want it to fail. I do think it will be five years down the road if ever completed but in the meantime it will put money in pockets of the people of RP and give them hope for a better future.

jerry

Who the hell cares about a virus on a cruise ship at this point except for the people who are infected and I'm sorry for that. We are talking about a Jetty Home port in RP on Sandy Beach some love some hate it. Let it run its course we can't stop it I don't like it but still don't want it to fail. I do think it will be five years down the road if ever completed but in the meantime it will put money in pockets of the people of RP and give them hope for a better future.
I hope they have to settle for smaller ships but one thing the Homeport does have going for it is the number of potential stops in a fairly small area.Hillboy,did you notice none of the cheerleaders even commented on the article exposing the construction companiys past shady dealings?

I hope they have to settle for smaller ships but one thing the Homeport does have going for it is the number of potential stops in a fairly small area.Hillboy,did you notice none of the cheerleaders even commented on the article exposing the construction companiys past shady dealings?
They have their heads in the sand. I have a lot of experience with shady contractors and you can smell them a long way away and sorry this smells. Truck drivers not being paid no permits no blasting caps the guy who signs checks is not around!!! But on the bright side I did hear that they have been paid and work is started again again again. Happy Happy.

Derek

Hi again! I just wanted to say I have a lot of friends who travel or live in RP. I go often and can't believe the positive comments that everyone is now making about the town. I think it's always been a great place and hasn't changed much as far as crime etc. goes but the media made its dent on all of mexico. I'm just glad most of the US media is finally giving us a break.

ben21

Who the hell cares about a virus on a cruise ship.
I brought it up because these are happening more often than ever and people are starting to have a very poor perception of the cruise industry. Doesn't exactly seem like a great time to build a cruise terminal, regardless of location.

http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-cruise-industry-still-faces-sinking-public-perception-20140408,0,730249.story#axzz2yXgwWHrv

That being said, I do agree that any work is great for the locals (If they're actually being paid). I'm all for growth in RP, if it gets too crowded, we'll always have plenty of beaches down south. This just seems like the wrong way to go about it.

I brought it up because these are happening more often than ever and people are starting to have a very poor perception of the cruise industry. Doesn't exactly seem like a great time to build a cruise terminal, regardless of location.

http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-cruise-industry-still-faces-sinking-public-perception-20140408,0,730249.story#axzz2yXgwWHrv

That being said, I do agree that any work is great for the locals (If they're actually being paid). I'm all for growth in RP, if it gets too crowded, we'll always have plenty of beaches down south. This just seems like the wrong way to go about it.
Believe me if they are not being paid work will stop as it has in the past they don't have big pockets to pay for fuel. I don't want to go south we will have to see how it all plays out. Ben you are right on on your comment timing is not good for a new cruise terminal.

Derek

What is the right time for progress in Mexico? I personally only risk what I'm willing to lose in Mexico. But thankfully for the people who try there is a chance for them.

Derek

I like the fact we can all speak our mind on this forum. With that said, I think some people need to realize there is always change going on and it will happen wether you like it or not! Look at the bright side:) I'm back.