Snorkeling near Las Palomas?

Hello all, this weekend will be my family's first trip out to Puerto Peñasco. We'll be staying at Las Palomas and would like to know if there are any good snorkeling locations near our rental? My sons and I have snorkeled in the Caribbean and Cabo San Lucas recently and are not really expecting to see much here, but would like to be surprised.

Any suggestions within a short drive from our rental?

Hello all, this weekend will be my family's first trip out to Puerto Peñasco. We'll be staying at Las Palomas and would like to know if there are any good snorkeling locations near our rental? My sons and I have snorkeled in the Caribbean and Cabo San Lucas recently and are not really expecting to see much here, but would like to be surprised.

Any suggestions within a short drive from our rental?
Head to the Mirador/ Rocky Beach, where Mannys is located. Closer than Cholla Bay and the road is much better.

Thanks for the suggestions. We went out to Pelican Point yesterday and found a little spot where we are able to drive down and park on the beach. Visibility wasn't too good on the beach but we were able to swim over to the rocky area where the pelicans are sitting and had better luck. The highlight was watching a 2.5" hermit crab under water on the rocks.

We'll try Manny's or another spot today.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
My friends went snorkeling last week in front of Playa De Oro and said there was a lot of fish and sea life to see.

ben21

Be careful and try to go out with some sort of flag or identifier while you're in the water. The banana boat drivers whip up and down that area.

Do the tube with a big tall flag. Stay close to it. Pongas ,crazy jet ski drivers and gringos in boats with no thought of divers cane mame or kill.
I even run a flag when fishing from my inflatable pontoon or my jet ski and I still watch the boats.
Be safe