Sonoyta...Is it safe yet!

jerry

The number is closer to 20...

El Financiero

Day of publication: 05/05/2015

Hermosillo. Governor Guillermo Padres said that despite the violence and build more than 10 killings in the north and northwest of the state in the last hours, Sonora remains the safest border state.

He said there is good coordination between state authorities, federal police forces and the army with municipal corporations and that in situations such as those experienced by the municipality of Sonoyta the only way out is to strengthen coordination.

The governor said he is unable to report on the progress of the investigation or regarding the situation in the border town in order not to hamper the investigations and will be the attorney Carlos Navarro Sugich who offered details on the situation.

For its part, the mayor of Sonoyta requested further elements of state and federal police to strengthen security and urged people to avoid leaving their homes.

After Monday the death toll increased to eight, the mayor Julio Cesar Ramirez Vazquez said that the measures taken to increase safety are insufficient and need larger detachments, especially to protect the population of adjacent agricultural area the border town.

He explained that armed confrontations will not stop and that the police officers can not keep up to the size of the municipality.

The mayor did not say what specific corporation or how many items are most needed, but deemed necessary arrival mainly to protect the inhabitants of the agricultural valley, an area where more armed clashes have been.

"We are calling for more reinforcements to almost try to make a shield in the population of the valley," he said.

A citizen called extreme caution given the recent violent events, refrain full of go out and trust the authorities who seek to solve the big problem that has sde insecurity.

tbudde2

I just moved to Rocky Point. Where on the Internet is the best place to get accurate news for the local area! The police and the real estate agents make it sound like there is not a violence problem here. The locals have a different opinion.

jerry

De fente and cabora news sources are good...put Caborca in google and click news ....multiple sources with stories about the whole area..,

BootNHat

I just moved to Rocky Point. Where on the Internet is the best place to get accurate news for the local area! The police and the real estate agents make it sound like there is not a violence problem here. The locals have a different opinion.

WAIT A MINUTE!!!!.... Don't lump all locals with Jerry! Somehow I can't get upset about the bad guys and cops shooting it out or bad guys shooting bad guys. Gang members shooting each other in Phoenix, LA, Oakland, St Louis, Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, and DC don't get anybody upset either. But as soon as you substitute cartel with gang panic sets in.

jerry

Wait till the Pemex's start going up like in Vallarta....these guys are going against an established cartel that controls the municipality.... When mayor mccrook calls for more soldiers and Po what he is doing is arming " his " cartel....... If I were the new cartel I'd make some big moves...,.maybe take out that Wind Generator ( never mind not working ,maybe sink a cruise ship ( again never mind one will never dock ......well...maybe block the coastal highway south ( dang forget that to as all the money to complete disappeared.

Roberto

In reality, there is no good, reliable source of accurate information about much of anything here in Penasco, except maybe public local and tourist tourist events.. It being a visitor driven economy in large, few are willing to pass on negative stuff that might scare off visitors. The local 'newspapers' are tourist driven businesses, no hard news. News across Mexico is affected by a variety of forces. Considerable advertising revenues come from the government and the government exerts direct and indirect pressure to filter news. The cartels also exert pressure and and there is a record of violence against reporters and sources who criticize or comment on cartel activities.

Social media abounds with comments and descriptions of events and circumstances if you can keep up with it. I can't. For the big picture I use www.Borderland Beat.com . They have a good process to gather information from across Mexico and keep away from the hysterics.

Yes there have been several shootouts and shootings in Penasco over the years. The biggest involving a helicopter a bit back. In reality other than the usual cautions you should take there is no big deal here, yet. The worst case for violence would be for some one to heat up the plaza in an attempt to take control.

Over the 10 years or so I have lived here I have developed a very sophisticated and effective means of gathering local information about avoiding violence. I do keep alert. First I look out the window before I go outside. If there are people shooting or bodies in the street I stay inside. I listen for the sound of gunshots also and will stay off the streets or and of the area. If I am driving and see emergency lights in the street ahead or armed people branishing weapons I turn around or hit a side street. One occasion in Sonoyta I was surrounded by AK wielding gents and I managed to simply speed away out of town.

I am anxiously awaiting the opportunity to test out my method but have had no occasion yet. I'll let you know when I do.

jerry

The number is closer to 20...

El Financiero

Day of publication: 05/05/2015

Hermosillo. Governor Guillermo Padres said that despite the violence and build more than 10 killings in the north and northwest of the state in the last hours, Sonora remains the safest border state.

He said there is good coordination between state authorities, federal police forces and the army with municipal corporations and that in situations such as those experienced by the municipality of Sonoyta the only way out is to strengthen coordination.

The governor said he is unable to report on the progress of the investigation or regarding the situation in the border town in order not to hamper the investigations and will be the attorney Carlos Navarro Sugich who offered details on the situation.

For its part, the mayor of Sonoyta requested further elements of state and federal police to strengthen security and urged people to avoid leaving their homes.

After Monday the death toll increased to eight, the mayor Julio Cesar Ramirez Vazquez said that the measures taken to increase safety are insufficient and need larger detachments, especially to protect the population of adjacent agricultural area the border town.

He explained that armed confrontations will not stop and that the police officers can not keep up to the size of the municipality.

The mayor did not say what specific corporation or how many items are most needed, but deemed necessary arrival mainly to protect the inhabitants of the agricultural valley, an area where more armed clashes have been.

"We are calling for more reinforcements to almost try to make a shield in the population of the valley," he said.

A citizen called extreme caution given the recent violent events, refrain full of go out and trust the authorities who seek to solve the big problem that has sde insecurity.
http://www.elsoldecaborca.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13257:violencia-en-sonora-provoca-que-familias-terminen-en-albergues&catid=58:mexico&Itemid=104

jerry

Interesting and sort of true...the mayor points out the reservation border provides a easy crossing.This then makes our region the dangerous place it has become.I heard from my friend that works at the mortuary that 100 or so refugee families from rural areas are now camped in Sonoyta...left everything...

Roberto

Local news all a chatter about Sonoyta activity. Military and police very active. I woud be on my toes if I was coming through there soon.

jerry

The real story...soldiers have died Caborca, Sonora. The settlement Ejido Sonora Desert now it lives up to its name: the death left the desert. -contiguo To residents of Sonoyta, the city head of the municipality Plutarco Elias Calles fed up with the violence that began with a wave of murders, kidnappings and almost daily clashes between thugs and against authorities, they decided to leave in search of peace and quiet and that safety says Gov. Guillermo Padres Elias, he is enjoyed throughout Sonora. It is the "safest" of the border states of Mexico, he has come to ensure the official.

First came some families more than two months ago when several clashes between opposing groups operating in the region to dominate and gain control of the passage of drug and weapons for that sector of the border with the United States occurred.

Ejido Sonora Desert

In early March shootings they were reported in the direction of the Sierra del Humo, and saw the Cubabi (or hill), known as The Awl, in the region of lead, ejido Nose, and other surrounding areas. Even criminals luxury of facing military forces in at least two occasions, without knowing which group they belonged or cartel hitmen were given. The balance of the first skirmish was two wounded soldiers. The second two military troops dead. The soldiers were killed when they went looking for the bodies of gunmen killed during a clash. They were met with bullets caliber weapons. A soldier died in the scene and another died Wounded of extreme gravity in the Naval Hospital in Puerto Penasco -a 100 kilometers Sonoyta- where he had been airlifted.

From there, clashes occur almost daily low for all groups. On May 1, the violence became more visible, although state media reported little or nothing to not "disturb" the Governor Guillermo Padres Elias with cases affecting the image of a "safe and quiet" state.

And the state government maintains a policy of social communication to position the company as the safest of the border. The truth is that violence in the regions of the entity is given every day: cases of murdered and missing lifted arise from Navojoa to San Luis Rio Colorado. Despite this, the authorities insist that nothing happens and that the facts are "atypical", "rare" and "exceptional".

If the local media only reproduce the official statements and national media become the other way, social networks have become a way of knowing what is really happening in the regions of Sonora.

The ejido Sonoran Desert, with a population that barely exceeds 1 000 188 inhabitants according to the latest population census in 2010-information contained in the portal of the Ministry of Social Development (SEDESOL), section Catalog localities are , it is now desert. The people left their homes, lands and properties. The community is now only visited by groups of heavily armed gunmen aboard luxury vehicles or elements of the different corporations that have control over the operating fleeting they do.

The police and military must confront assassins commands weapons class and quality; with great firepower and park, and determined to die to defend what they see as "their territory" and the honor of dying for their heads, but the payment is only your dose of drugs ... and the promise of a funeral with music men Defending if they fall defending the "lord" or chief.

Authorities deny abandonment of the settlement

The city authorities located in Sonoyta did not respond to interview requests for confirmation or belied the abandonment of Ejido Sonora Desert.

jerry

The city authorities located in Sonoyta did not respond to interview requests for confirmation or belied the abandonment of Ejido Sonora Desert.

Criminals clashed on May 1 all day and all night. The clashes occurred in both the town and the valley and the international road leading to Caborca, rather than where it says came from opponents of the group known as Los Memos, which dominate and have control, it seems, with laplaza supported by police and civil authorities as blankets hung on bridges and "press" internet broadcast by the opposing group known as Los Salazar. In his latest message, written on a blanket placed on the main street of the nearby town Puerto Penasco, this criminal group threatens to continue the "war" and "exterminate" the Memos and authorities called the "support".

Despite the official discourse in the state that "nothing happens" and is the "safest" in the northern border, the May holidays, traditional and great fame for this region, known as the Festival of Flowers, were canceled. According to an announcement by the mayor Julio Cesar Ramirez Vasquez, the holidays will not be made.

The group said Salazar has accused the mayor of "protect" The Memos. Even with a blanket placed under a pedestrian bridge in Puerto Penasco, they have threatened.

The warning on Facebook

In this context of violence, people who claim to belong to the cartel Salazar mainly two, one named Juan Salazar has been issuing "press" on social networks like Facebook profiles or show dedicated to violence and to alert groups population when they crimes and issue warnings of fighting.

In one message, which was posted on a group called Border Sonoyta Community reads as follows:

"I do not want to say again that my boys are in a clash with Adelmo Adelmo and has government support whether federal, soldiers or whatever does not matter. If that happens again afraid to tell you that the first head will fly Mr. President, Julio Cesar Ramirez Vazquez [sic].

"By giving support to the people of the Memo, the people come Salazar however, bring the sweeper and goes out to anyone who walks shitting cock [sic].

"(In Badiraguato, Sinaloa, with Joel Salazar Vega). That's right, cousin, because he was already good that many innocent people die at the hands of that dog. And the war will continue until that coward dies. We have been ready to burst his head but runs. If you have many eggs you face with my boys, face to face. And all this fucking government also supports several heads fly. As politicians and journalists disque by mitoteros. And here we send a message to the President Julio Cesar Ramirez Vasquez, that if continues to support Mr. Memo, his head will be the first to come out in the news and not the Memo, warned there is no guile. So politicians, government and people of Mr. Memo, you know what we come, to cross that line and break the agreement that had Mr. Memo with our people, you know what will happen [sic]. "

jerry

Aid to Displaced

Until now totals of how many families and many people left their place of residence are unknown. Some sources consulted by telephone reported the displacement of all the inhabitants, to the last census of 2010 were 1 000 186 inhabitants.

Although no overall figures, upon consultation with the director of the National System for Integral Family Development (DIF) municipal, Karla Arias, sent, via email, the following data:

"Relationship of the families of the Sonoran Desert that we are supporting: we have until today a standard of 70 families, numbering about 200 people. They were housed in churches, homes and rooming houses. The aid is to provide pantry, baby milk, bottled water, blankets, mats, toiletries. That is until this day. "The violence hits, despite joint operations

Despite the seriousness of the facts, the authorities of all levels of government is unable to contain the violence and protect the citizens of Sonoyta. So much so that, despite the announcement of the Executive Secretary of Public Security, Ernesto Munro, they had sent 30 items of additional State Police to those already stationed in the operational base, criminals continue their war outside the village in the hill country and in the hills surrounding this town along the fence that marks the two countries.

The authorities act only as recogecadáveres. The Department of Social Communication of the State Investigative Police and the State Attorney reported in a newsletter from May 5:

"Agents of the State Police Investigator investigate the facts that killed three people male, whose bodies were found in the mountains of El Cubabi yesterday, around 14:30 hours.

"The victims were identified as Eleazar Garcia Borquez, 22-year-old native of Sinaloa; Silvas Alfonso Bustillo, 40-year-old native of Chihuahua; and Fredy Salas Olguin, 23-year-old native of Sinaloa.

"The three people dead you wore camouflaged military-style clothing, were found decomposing naked eye and had wounds caused by firearms projectiles" (sic).

Vehicular traffic stop fighting

A similar statement reports the discovery of two people executed, apparently the result of a confrontation. This, further south of Sonoyta, on the course of Nogales, in the municipality of Imuris, which also burned vehicles, weapons and tactical vests were found, among other things, crime, reported to be associated with the fight being waged in Sonoyta .

So far, unofficially and 12 violent deaths, in addition to the weapons, vehicles and drugs that have left abandoned the group after clashes are recorded.

But the dead, wounded and missing number in the tens since this war began and became open and relentless in late February.

At that time he was shot in Puerto Penasco nephew Adam Salazar, who apparently was in charge of the family business in the region. He was known more by his nickname: the R-3. That also influenced the escalation of this war, who was shot as he collected one of his sons at a school in Puerto.

For now the mayor was responsible for a denial to the optimistic claims of state officials and the governor, although not directly, but in fact, to declare a state media that had requested more police presence and power elements stem the tide of violence in the town and no signs of ending.

Troops of the Navy, Army, federal, state and municipal police conducting operations by land and air with no results, because the fighters have surveillance systems like hawks, points and modern communication technology that allow them to evade checkpoints, or move to note the presence of all authority. The protagonists of the war

Memos are named after Adelmo Mists Ramirez, Memo or Lord. This group is the one that has more presence, weapons and members. Mists Ramirez is operator of the Sinaloa Cartel in the region, according to official sources and foreign institutions such as the US Drug Enforcement Agency.

jerry

Memos are named after Adelmo Mists Ramirez, Memo or Lord. This group is the one that has more presence, weapons and members. Mists Ramirez is operator of the Sinaloa Cartel in the region, according to official sources and foreign institutions such as the US Drug Enforcement Agency.

The Lord or the Memo is a native of Durango drug dealer, the mountain region bordering Sinaloa; It said he came to Sonoyta about 20 years ago, where he began his career outlaw going chickens (trafficked persons) to the United States, where after being arrested and served time for smuggling was deported. Once in Mexico, he resumed his career in organized crime, and was first arrested in 2002 and imprisoned in the Social Rehabilitation Center in Nogales, Sonora, which he left soon.

At that time he met one of his first contacts to diversify its business, and in addition to chickens smuggle drugs and weapons. That contact and control relationships at the highest levels of organized crime was Mario Aguirre, known as 9-9, who died in a clash with the army.

In 2009, the memo was again arrested and sent to a prison in Durango, where he left shortly after on bail despite being arrested with weapons and drugs; He had also been accused of conspiracy, among other crimes.

It turned once more to Sonoyta, where according to the DEA climbed positions until to become the main operator of Chapo Guzman in this region, and with Gonzalo Insunza, better known as the Dark Man, they got to tightly control the flow of drugs, arms and people in this region.

To apprehend in 2012, the then federal Public Security Secretariat reported that the detainee was responsible for the transfer of marijuana, methamphetamines and heroin, in the municipalities of Puerto Penasco, General Plutarco Elias Calles and San Luis Rio Colorado, Maricopa counties and Casa Grande, in Phoenix, Arizona.

For its part, the Macho Prieto, they say, was killed by the Navy, although his body was never presented, as there is the version that was stolen by gunmen from his group, so Adelmo Mists remained the absolute ruler of this region.

Mists Adelmo was arrested again in September 2012, in a coordinated by the Army in Culiacan, Sinaloa operational. Then he was detained in the prison of that city. His stay was brief: he escaped one years later in the company of two other known drug traffickers from Sinaloa Cartel.

Since then, they say, came to this region, where he was hiding, apparently one of many farms he owns in the valley of Sonoyta, guarded by dozens of gunmen who controlled the porbrechas step and roads where no one leaves and no one enters if not by permission of the Lord and his minions.

It is also said that he was often seen on horse races organized in the town, where they ran their horses and bet large sums of money, that although it was sought federal porautoridades to confine him in prison again, but strangely, despite police presence these events, never saw it.

In its favor, it is said that it is seen by residents of suburbs and the head as a benefactor and that always helps those who so requests, to illness or any other needs.

jerry

Meanwhile, Los Salazar are named Jesus Alfredo Salazar, the last known chieftain Salazar, now in prison and extradited or extradition.

The group was headed until his arrest by Mr. Adam Salazar. And within the cartel agreements, together with the Machado Paredes, in Agua Prieta, they controlled a runner going to that city, spend porNogales and includes the municipalities of Imuris, Magdalena, Santa Ana, Benjamin Hill and parts of Caborca, Puerto Penasco and Sonoyta, but always according to the group memos and Macho Prieto.

However, a disagreement occurred between them and a fierce struggle began; and it might have been Chapo's arrest triggered, as the two groups work for him and their leaders, people of all their confidence, as the Mayo Zambada, the visible head of the Sinaloa Cartel.

Although originally from Chihuahua, the Salazar family-whose ties to the Sinaloa cartel established the patriarch, Adam Salazar Zamorano is considered by the people of Agua Prieta as responsible for the atmosphere of peace and freedom that prevailed in the city to arrest the "relative uncomfortable."

Adam, who was arrested by the Federal Police on February 15, 2011 in Queretaro, was representative of Chapo in Sonora and tasked with ensuring the border crossing and delivery of drugs in Arizona. After his arrest, the children of Adam, and Adam Jesus Alfredo Salazar Ramirez, in charge of operations of the Sinaloa cartel in the state (excerpt from a report in the magazine www.riodoce.com.mx) were made.

Salazar against Los Memos

Currently, Salazar would be headed by a son of the founder of the dynasty and supported by assassins brought from Sinaloa and other support sent by those who control the Caborca Plazaof since the last raid ended in a confrontation where five gunmen were killed . Sources requesting anonymity say the convoy of over 20 vehicles out of the city and, as always, no one saw them, nor the authorities were aware of this until the points on the road alerted Memos, who They waited in their trayectopor gaps that reach the Ejido Sonoran Desert at the gates of Sonoyta and the international road, where corporations acted in their favor, holding part of the convoy that was in support of Salazar to exterminate people Memos, published by one of the members of the clan in social networks. "We bring the sweeper and we said all these scourges to exterminate the people of Memo and not stop until we run them."

The war has just begun and no signs of ending. The authorities at all levels have been exceeded by these groups are. In social networks boast grenades, goat horns, rifles Barrett and ensure that they have sufficient supply of ammunition and weapons to continue until one of them.

The reality belies the governor Father Elias

Governor optimistic assertions Father Elias local media publicadaspor contrast with another fact: 11 young laborers, from the municipality of Choix, Sinaloa, disappeared, apparently in Sonora territory on their way to work in grape fields in the region of Pesqueira, about 30 kilometers from the state capital. Until press time, authorities in the two states were unable to locate him; their families cry because they are found "as is", as stated by the mother of one of them.

Choix is one of the municipalities in the country ravaged by violence, which Contralínea noticed. There are several ghost towns in its geography, due to the violence generated by drug trafficking, which has forced its inhabitants to leave everything behind: houses, land, livestock and roots to become pariahs in their own land and labor cheap outside his residence in the same state or others.

As it is the case of these 11 young people who looking for ways to support their families were apalabraron with a contractor to work in these fields, but never reached their destination. They disappeared on the road, and anxiety about his whereabouts invades family and friends who saw them as full of illusions to have found a source of income, while they could return to their usual work in the glass of the Huites dam, where to survive and support their families engaged in fishing for tilapia, catfish and bass.

Most, nine of them, residents of the village Mezquite, fallen on the banks of the Huites glass of prey, and two of hives in Choix, Sinaloa, with family ties to each other.

This is another case of extreme violence occurred in Sonora state governor who considered the "safest of the border."

http://www.dossierpolitico.com/vernoticias.php?artid=158599&relacion=&tipo=Principal2&categoria=436

jerry

FRONTER@ [email protected] DESCARO,....EN LAS PALABRAS Y EL PROCEDER DE ESTE DEFENSOR DE LAS LACRAS DEL NARCO,FRANCISCO AVILA TOSCANO,EN CARGADO DE LA SEGURIDAD PUBLICA DE EL BELLO PUERTO PEÑASCO....MIENTRAS FUERZAS ESPECIALES DE SEGURIDAD DE LA MARINA Y EL ESTADO COMBATEN A LOS TIRADORES DE DROGA EN LA COMUNIDAD DE PEÑASCO...ESTE SINVERGÜENZA FUNCIONARIO PUBLICO,APARTE DE NO COLABORAR CON LAS FUERZAS DEL ORDEN ENCABEZADAS POR LA MARINA ARMADA DE MÉXICO CONTRA EL CRIMEN ORGANIZADO,LLEGA A TAL GRADO DE PEDIRLES ABIERTAMENTE,QUE DEJEN DE LLEVAR ACABO LOS OPERATIVOS CONTRA ESTAS RATAS,ENVENENADORES DE LA JUVENTUD....SEÑOR PRESIDENTE KIKO MUNRO,A LA DE YAH.....DEBE DE RETIRAR DE SU CARGO A ESTE SERVIDOR DEL NARCO DISFRAZADO DE FUNCIONARIO Y PEDIRLE CUENTAS DEL POR QUE DE SU ACTITUD,AUNQUE DE SOBRA SABEMOS QUE SUS INTERESES SE ESTÁN VIENDO TENTADOS.....FRONTER@ SONOYT@... Out of Sonoyta this report speaks about the divisions in the authority in the handling of the drug war.The powers that be have has picked a side...the police may see it differently

jerry

FRONTER@ [email protected] ES POSIBLE QUE ESTE PRESIDENTE MUNICIPAL DE SONOYTA,HERIBERTO SERRANO HABLE DE TRANQUILIDAD,CUANDO UNA DE LAS RATAS MAS PELIGROSOS DEL CRIMEN ORGANIZADO VIVE EN NUESTRA COMUNIDAD.....ESTE ANIMAL DE ADELMO NIEBLA GONZALEZ(el memo) Y SUS PUERCOS LAMBE HUEVOS DE LOS TERRENOS,ASÍ COMO LA BOLA DE LACRAS AL SERVICIO DE ESTOS SE PASEAN IMPUNEMENTE POR NUESTRA CIUDAD.....EL PELIGRO ES LATENTE SE PERCIBE,Y SEGÚN NUESTRAS FUENTES DE UN MOMENTO A OTRO SE SOLTARA NUEVAMENTE EL DIABLO,AUNQUE LOS 3 ORDENES DE GOBIERNO LE ALLAN AYUDADO A LIMPIAR LA PLAZA PARA QUE AHORA ESTE COMO AMO Y SEÑOR EN NUESTRA FRONTERA.....EN FRONTER@ SONOYT@ RECORRIMOS NUESTRA COMUNIDAD NOS TOPAMOS CON VARIAS LACRAS AL SERVICIO DE ESTE CRIMINAL (el memo),LA PREPOTENCIA HE IDIOTEZ EN LAS CALENTURAS DE CARROS EN QUE SE MUEVEN,QUEDA MAS QUE DEMOSTRADO QUE LA SEGURIDAD DE NUESTRO SONOYTA ESTA EN MANOS DE ESTAS LACRAS,SOBRE TODO EN LA PARTE CONOCIDA COMO EL MIRADOR....Y LOS QUE ESTÁN PARA PERSEGUIR Y ENCERRAR A ESTOS ANIMALES,POLICÍAS ESTATALES Y FEDERALES,EJERCITO MEXICANO,SOLO DOBLAN LAS MANITAS Y SE VOLTEAN PARA OTRO LADO COMO SI NADA PASARA.......ESTAS CIEGO..$..SORDO..$...HERIBERTO SERRANO,EXÍGELES AH ESTAS AUTORIDADES QUE LLEGAN DE FUERA RESULTADOS....ANTES QUE VIVAS EL INFIERNO QUE VIVIÓ EL SALCHICHA RAMIREZ VAZQUEZ....AAAAHH... Y GOBERNADORA CLAUDIA PAVLOVICH Y PROCURADOR,POR SI NO LO SABEN...JAJAJAJA...AQUÍ EN SONOYTA ESTA UNO DE LOS NARCOS MAS BUSCADOS QUE SE LES FUGO,SE LLAMA ADELMO NIEBLA(el memo) Y ES EL AMO Y SEÑOR EN SONOYTA Y SU VALLE.....FRONTER@ SONOYT@.....