Trouble at PDO last weekend

I'm going to make a very, very long story short. Last weekend, a wallet was stolen from a trailer across from ours at PDO. This happened in broad daylight. It was discovered who stole the wallet, and guess what.....it was not a "local mexican" as the owner of said wallet first assumed. It was a punk American kid in the trailer next to us. We have very good reason to believe that he was in our trailer as well. Trust me, I am 99.9 percent sure he was in there. If I were to tell the entire story, I'd be here all day, but we believe he kicked Maggie (our little Chihuahua mix dog) while he was there. He didn't steal anything of ours but some Starburst candy (like I said, long story). I know everyone is going to say "why did you leave your door unlocked?" Broad daylight, people milling around all over the place, we were never away from our trailer for more than twenty minutes or so at a time.....didn't think it was necessary. (And also because of the fire that claimed thelives of two dogs in a trailer right across from us last year.....the people were gone, the door was locked and no one could let the dogs out). Anyway, Maggie is going to the vet today....she just hasn't been right since then. If the vet tells me that it is indeed in injury from being kicked, I want that kid's head on a plate.

The police were there to question the kid, but we have reason to believe that his dad high-tailed him back to the states. I would really like to know what became of this.....we had to leave before the kid, or his dad, were found. If anyone knows, please let me know.

The police were there to question the kid, but we have reason to believe that his dad high-tailed him back to the states. I would really like to know what became of this.....we had to leave before the kid, or his dad, were found. If anyone knows, please let me know.
The other day I was with "Mel" the husband of sunshine, I was taking Mel to the childrens home and he had mentioned the same story... you might want to check with sunshine and Mel to get more info... and shouldn't PDO's office have the fathers info from their reservations..? Hope you get some answers and Maggie is OK...

sea U guys soon...

I sent Cathy an email....waiting to hear from her. And yes, Genaro and Leo should have that info. I don't know what the deal was there, but I know that they were none too happy about the fact that a local was blamed and it turned out to be an American kid.

Thanks Mark!

Well, the good news is that she wasn't kicked.....the bad news is that she has a slipped disk or some kind of disk disease. The vet put her on Prednisone and pain killers and she has to stay crated 24/7 for four to six weeks. The only time she's allowed out is to go potty (and we have to carry her in and out each time) and to eat. At least I don't have that sick feeling to my stomach anymore (thinking he might have kicked her)....but it was sooooo coincidental that she started acting funny soon after his "intrusion". He stole the wallet Saturday afternoon, and then tried to use the credit card Sunday morning at a pharmacy in Old Port to buy girlie magazines and drugs. The credit card company declined it, thank goodness. Someone from the park, I believe, saw him down there (Old Port) that morning and then found out that a wallet was stolen at the park. Well, everyone started putting two and two together and when the man at the pharmacy described the person who tried to use the card, it was.....bingo!..... kid you're busted. But by that time, they (kid and dad) were nowhere to be found. He also tried giving Genaro $200 to buy him drugs (the wallet also had approximately $350 in it).

Anyway, I'm just glad I know for sure what's wrong with Maggie and from now on, the trailer door will stay locked. Bust the windows out, rip the door off....whatever..... if ya ever see smoke comin' out of it and ya can't get the door open......... Just get my "kids" out!!!!