Weather

GV Jack

Snorin God
Good Morning Folks,

We have had heavy rain off and on all night and this morning here in Green Valley.

These thunder showers are moving from east to west at about 5 MPH and it looks like
they could cause some problems in the washes for those heading from or to Tucson.

Right now there doesn't appear to be anything south of Why yet, but it is moving to the
southwest towards Sells and possibly to RP if it holds together that long.

Just a quick update and a heads up.

Happy travels and we'll see ya'll in two weeks....:p

MIRAMAR

Yes, it was quite a shock hitting the beginning of the Sonoyta River in San Simon, AZ east of Why. It didn't cause a problem in Sonoyta, but the river was flowing by Pinacate.

We are just heading back from Rocky Point this morning 940am Friday. It has been raining from Sonyota to Ajo. Washes are getting very full. We made it through the detour but we are in a 1 ton pickup. It probably won't be passable for much longer.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
It was reported that the road is closed indefinitely. You will have to go to Yuma and san felipe to get there today....

Thanks for the updates. This is the only place I have been able to find info on the road/water issue (much appreciated!). Is there an official site or someone to call that has up to date info on weather and road conditions?

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I am getting messages that folks are getting through after some delay. Bigger vehicles are having less of a problem. This message is good as of 1:27 Friday afternoon Sept 7

Miakko

Thanks for the update.... we have a 4wd truck and a car.... sounds like we may need to drive down in the truck if we want to attempt to cross tonight? Is there anyplace open on the US side around 8pm for insurance?

caligal

Hi guys, newbie here :). We just planned a last minute Rocky Point trip this morning - guess we should've checked here first, ugh! Does anyone have an update on this? We are planning to leave Phoenix around 4am tomorrow. I'd like be as prepared as possible and avoid any issues. Thanks for your help!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
All we know is the bridge is closed until further notice. The pictures on FB are something! I wouldn't risk it.....

Miakko

We're planning to leave Phoenix at around 4am as well... if no new updates about the bridge status are posted we will plan to go the long way around through Yuma...sigh

Hi guys, newbie here :). We just planned a last minute Rocky Point trip this morning - guess we should've checked here first, ugh! Does anyone have an update on this? We are planning to leave Phoenix around 4am tomorrow. I'd like be as prepared as possible and avoid any issues. Thanks for your help!