What is the weather usually like in June?

J

jneane

Thinking about staying in Rocky Point in June beginning to middle of month, does anyone know how the weather should be? windy, hot, humid?? I went last year the beginning of July and it was so humid and a couple of days was so windy. Also is there anything going on around the 7th - 13th entertainment or anything? Thanks :)

mr.phx

Al Pastor Locator
Seems like there is always something going on. Roger's Circus Mexicus. As for the weather, its pretty predictable. Sunny, no chance of rain, warmer than May, breezy, windy and the bar is open. Went last weekend. Sunny-breezy Sat, windy Sunday/Monday. Warm and not too cool.

AZ ROB

Seems to me that the wind runs in a 3 days on 3 days off kind of schedule.. Maybe I am wrong but that is the way it seems.

rplarry

Thinking about staying in Rocky Point in June beginning to middle of month, does anyone know how the weather should be? windy, hot, humid?? I went last year the beginning of July and it was so humid and a couple of days was so windy. Also is there anything going on around the 7th - 13th entertainment or anything? Thanks :)
June is usually an awesome month, in my opinion. Mornings are nice, afternoons warm up, the water is perfect, humidity is typically lower than July/Aug/Sept., and then evenings are very comfortable. Without all the asphalt and concrete that Phoenix has, along with the ocean breezes, the weather stays pretty enjoyable through June. However, no one can predict a heat-snap, etc , but for the most part June is very nice. We have spent at least some time in RP in June over the past 7-10 years. Regarding the wind, that can be hit and miss. If you are there for a week or longer, most likely you'll get wind at some point. Last year there was a lot of wind from April through August. Lastly, if you want to know what temps were like last year, you can go onto www.weatherunderground.com and check out the History/Almanac for Puerto Penasco and you can see what the actual temps were for June 2010. Here is a link for June 15th, 2010: http://www.wunderground.com/history/station/76061/2010/6/15/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA . Enjoy your stay...

InkaRoads

cronopiador
The weather is always great in paradise, if you let the weather get to you then there is no paradise for you, no matter where you go!!

Usually warm to toasty with nights cooling off after 10PM. The humidity starts to creep up around June 15th as the monsoons arrive in Southern Mexico. Just look to the SE (Bird Island) in the afternoon
and if you see thunderhead build-ups, it's going to get more humid. I have been there 4th of July and it is either hot and humid (A/C time) or not bad at all.
I was there a few years ago and at 9PM it was 68 degrees on my way to Calle 13 area.

June isn't bad at all, and really, you can handle the dog days August, September (and sometimes even the first half of October!) if you camp out verrrrrrry close to the ocean. As in, bring with you a print out of the tide chart and move accordingly every couple hours. You'll be dying by the time you get back in your condo/car, but hey, you'd be suffering in AZ anyway... I wouldn't try this, however, over by the fake beach on Sandy Beach in front of Penasco del Sol or Playa Bonita. The tides are way too extreme. Probably same goes for Cholla Bay. From Mirador to Las Conchas and beyond should be doable, as well as the Sandy Beach stretch in front of the resorts. But yeah, make sure your accommodations have some serious AC, you're going to need it!