Where has all the Sol gone??

toetrx

The last several times we have been down, we have had a hard time finding Sol beer in the stores. Has anyone else had this problem??

I've usually found it in the cooler on the side where they have the meat....even when they don't have it on the liquor side of the store....

Spoke to the girl at Reggies. Apparently the beer distributor for Sol in Rocky Point has stopped carrying Sol and has switched to carrying Indio.

Spoke to the girl at Reggies. Apparently the beer distributor for Sol in Rocky Point has stopped carrying Sol and has switched to carrying Indio.
We tried Indio while we were there. I liked it and it was only $2 at Wrecked........so that is exactly what we did. LOL
I still like Sol..... I first tried in on a trip to Mazatlan back in '98. Too bad it will not be available in RP any longer. But Indio is not available in the US yet....so there is a trade off.

Got this from a friend.....who has a bar in Penasco...

"Tecate quit selling Sol to the licor stores 2-3 months ago. They sell it only to restaurants and bars. They substituted indio in the stores for it and added bottled indio for bars. Also,heineken should be available this week for us to stock if we wish."

I wonder if this is true for just Penasco...someone needs to check in Sonoyta on the way down!

BTW, Heineken owns Tecate.....
Tecate, Sol, Carta Blanca, Indio and Dos Equis beer brands

Last edited: